Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Oracle Backup Wizard
Oracle Backup Wizard [message #72875] Thu, 27 November 2003 10:20 Go to next message
Anil Kakar
Have an Oracle 9i database instance that I need to backup. I've installed the Oracle Management Server and configured my repository. I see my database in the tree and can perform various administrative functions as user "sys as sysdba". I can not however, run the Backup Management --> Backup... tools against this database. It either gives me a "Preferred credentials not set..." error when I don't have preferred credentials set for my administrative node or "VTO-2014 : Server object could not be instantiated..." when I put preferred credentials in the administrative node.

I've tried a bunch of combinations for preferred credentials as I can NOT find a single piece of documentation which describes this configuration. I've tried using the Repository DB's sys account, the target db's sys count, etc. This is a windows 2000 9i (9.2.0.1.0) installation. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Re: Oracle Backup Wizard [message #73546 is a reply to message #72875] Wed, 19 May 2004 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Chen
I have the same error message when I am trying to backup one instance of the database in enterprise manager.

VTO-2014: server object could not be instantiated.

Does anyone has the same issue. What did I do wrong?

Thanks

Frank
frank.chen@L-3com.com
Re: Oracle Backup Wizard [message #188839 is a reply to message #72875] Tue, 22 August 2006 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vraman3
hi,
got the same error while using OEM and tried creating a user
with createlike option.
vto-2014 server object could not be instantiated.pls disconnect and try again .
VBO-1508 : an error has occoured and the server object could not be initiated.
Please disconnect and try again .
ORA-00942 : table or view does not exist

Mine is oracle9.2.0.7 on Hpux and am running the oem from Windows
Re: Oracle Backup Wizard [message #198079 is a reply to message #188839] Sat, 14 October 2006 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
reemagupta
Hi,

I am also getting similar error message and also my jobs are failing on OEM 2.2 with VIN-2015 Authentication Error to one of target database

Please help. It was all working fine, recently the node name changed for the OEM server as well as target server (the domain names changed)

Regards
Reema
Re: Oracle Backup Wizard [message #198107 is a reply to message #198079] Sun, 15 October 2006 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

For Login credentials :
Administrative Tools >>>> local security >>>> user right >>>> "logon batch jobs" ( privs) grant to OS user. then after try to connect OEM. through OS user.
Re: Oracle Backup Wizard [message #198136 is a reply to message #198107] Sun, 15 October 2006 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
reemagupta
The Oracle is installed on Solaris system and the OS user has nothing chnegd on its privieges. Everything was working fine until the node name changed on one of target database as I have mentioned. What I ma suspecting is that some file needs the new node name to make this work. I can connect to the target database in the OEM and open DBA studio as SYS with SYSDBA privileges, so nothing is wrong with suer account.

WHat else should I check it is only happening while running a job on this partciuar target node.

Thanks
Reema
Re: Oracle Backup Wizard [message #198173 is a reply to message #198136] Mon, 16 October 2006 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

When u login in "OEM" then that time wants to user and pwd option r fill

like :::::
1. Oracle DB Users
eg: sys

2. OS User
eg: m.taj

Note.: here ur OS user and pwd is correct but OEM give error that time you should grant "logon batch job" to OS user. then after perform ur operation through OEM.

Sorry but i am working on Win. Platform i don't know abour Solaris. but try if there any privs like "logon batch job" so grant to user and try ur operation.

thanx
Re: Oracle Backup Wizard [message #199278 is a reply to message #198173] Mon, 23 October 2006 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thangtc
I wants to take entire database backup in automation. but i unable to perform this task when I goes to Oracle Enterprise manager in the node of Data management for setting the parameter of automated backup then I receive the following message " The wizard can only be launched when the applicaion is connected to the Oracle Management Server (OMS) launch the application and connect to the OMS before trying launch the wizard again "
I done lot of time but not successed can you help out this problem i shall be grate full to you

Thanks for your help
Re: Oracle Backup Wizard [message #199324 is a reply to message #199278] Mon, 23 October 2006 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Quote:
The wizard can only be launched when the applicaion is connected to the Oracle Management Server (OMS)

The error is clear and as descriptive as it can be.
Did you configure OMS (Oracle Management Server) repository?
Did you configure your intelligent agents?
Search the forum. Read the documentation.
Re: Oracle Backup Wizard [message #199732 is a reply to message #199324] Thu, 26 October 2006 01:15 Go to previous message
thangtc
I have summiter job for backup and OMS reported that the summit was successful but when I check in job status I find that the job failed. I don't know why the job hasn't summited and where the log file of the job is. Can't you help me???
Thanhk for your help!
Previous Topic: error opening db
Next Topic: Control file &Media failure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 10:07:03 CDT 2024