Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » ORACLE9i
ORACLE9i [message #6917] Sun, 11 May 2003 10:16 Go to next message
makeeda
I am a newbie @oracle and desperately need help. Yesterday, I installed oracle9i on my PC. When I click on sqlPlus, I am prompted for a USERID, password and host string.

H E L P!!! as nothing seems to work.

Did I miss something in the installation?

Thanks
Re: ORACLE9i [message #6924 is a reply to message #6917] Mon, 12 May 2003 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
you have created the SYSTEM user, SYS user and SCOTT user (I believe the rest are locked). SCOTT is a normal user for test puprposes. Password: TIGER. The default for SYSTEM is MANAGER (unless you have been prompted to change the password by the database configuration assistant). SYS is a user for internal use and real DBA issues only. The default password is CHANGE_ON_INSTALL (unless the Database Configuration Assistant has prompted for a new password). As for the host string, this is the name of your database. If you're working with Personal Oracle, you normally have a default database (the one you created) and you can omit it. One tip, to verify whether the DB is up and running, you can do a TNSPING. In a dos box: TNSPING database_name. If it replies you know the DB is running and that the problem isn't with the database itself.

MHE

MHE
Re: ORACLE9i [message #6925 is a reply to message #6917] Mon, 12 May 2003 00:29 Go to previous message
Deepa
try out,

scott/tiger@servicename

servicename is the one u have set in the init.ora file...

By default system account comes with password system itself in oracle9i.

IF scott/tiger is not working try out
system/system
Previous Topic: Oracle Query
Next Topic: is rowid assinged incrementaly ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:00:52 CDT 2024