Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Problem importing with table having LOB
Problem importing with table having LOB [message #71194] Mon, 23 September 2002 06:13 Go to next message
Rashmi Patel
We have document and part management system - called Windchill. It used oracle as a database and stores all document as LOBs. Oracle version is 8I. it was working fine, but one of the user noticed some problem and when I looked at the console (of the Windchill), it was giving data corrupted error - I have not noted down the number.

After that we stopped the server, restarted and scandisk harddrive, which found some bad sectors. After that Windchill was not running at all, so we decided to restore things from previous days backup.

We did that, but noticed that it has not uploaded the table with LOB (sreamdata is tablename). Then we found that the size of dump file is too small (it was less by 8 gig compare to previous backup). So there should be someproblem before that. We checked size of previous back-up and it was looking fine.

When we tried to restore it, it gave us errors like this:

. . importing table "STREAMDATA"
IMP-00064: Definition of LOB was truncated by export
IMP-00028: partial import of previous table rolled back: 9285 rows rolled back
Import terminated successfully with warnings.

we tried different other back-up and sometimes we are getting
. . importing table "STREAMDATA"
IMP-00058: ORACLE error 1691 encountered
ORA-01691: unable to extend lob segment WTUSER.SYS_LOB0000004328C00001$$ by 4516 in tablespace BLOBS
IMP-00028: partial import of previous table rolled back: 5385 rows rolled back

And in some cases it stops on the "STREAMDATA" table forever (over 5 hours) without any activity. (we are noticing the size of BLOBS tablespace at the time of import, and it was same after 8gib or something)

The export was done with compress mode.

The only back-up that is working is of 24th April. I don't why, but one of the reason we suspect is that, we had another back-ground indexing system running when it was taking autobackup. That might have caused the problem. (For export we have a batchfile, running everynight on weekdays)

Can anyone please help me on this?
Re: Problem importing with table having LOB [message #71195 is a reply to message #71194] Mon, 23 September 2002 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
i beleive the root cause is becuase of the space.
LOBS acquire huge chunks of contigous free space.
so
1. coalesce the tablespace, to free the space
2. Add more files to the corresponding tablespaces,
thus allocating more storage to the LOBs
Re: Problem importing with table having LOB [message #71197 is a reply to message #71194] Mon, 23 September 2002 13:34 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
1. Use ALTER TABLESPACE ADD DATAFILE statement to add
one or more files to the tablespace indicated.
2. i believe,another cause is
while export, oracle did export the LOB segment
properly.LOB acquire huge space.!
so, while importing, IMP is whining.
3. I simulated, something with what oracle says.
i deleted the particular row, (almost a gig)
and did exp/imp.
it went fine..so workaround would be creating more
segments for that tablespace
Previous Topic: Analyze Help required!!!
Next Topic: Re: FREE OCP PAPERS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:44:16 CDT 2024