Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Where to find the PL/SQL blocks
Where to find the PL/SQL blocks [message #6514] Wed, 23 April 2003 00:26 Go to next message
shawlin
Hello,

Where does all the PL/SQL blocks stored.
Is there any table like to find the PL/SQL
blocks so far created and complied.

Please help me.

Thanks and regards
shawlin
Re: Where to find the PL/SQL blocks [message #6519 is a reply to message #6514] Wed, 23 April 2003 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AM
Try This: -

select name from user_source;
Re: Where to find the PL/SQL blocks [message #6521 is a reply to message #6519] Wed, 23 April 2003 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shawlin
Hello,

No rows is listed in this table.
how to get records for this table.
Could not succeed in this.

Even i had created a small pl.sql block,after
compilation,i checked in this table.
But no rows is affected.

Anyhelp will be of great use.
Re: Where to find the PL/SQL blocks [message #6523 is a reply to message #6519] Wed, 23 April 2003 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AM
I do not know why it is not showing up in USER_SOURCE table. Alternate you can try all_objects where object_type='PROCEDURE' (e.g.). Here you can get status of the object also.

I hope this will work, otherwise there is access issue.
Re: Where to find the PL/SQL blocks [message #6565 is a reply to message #6514] Fri, 25 April 2003 03:38 Go to previous message
Barbara Boehmer
Only named procedures, functions, triggers, and so forth are stored. Anonymous pl/sql blocks are not stored, unless you save them to a .sql file.

If you create a stored pl/sql procedure and give it a name, like:

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE procedure_name
AS
BEGIN
NULL;
END procedure_name;
/

then you will find that procedure_name in user_source and user_objects and so forth. However, if you create an anonymous pl/sql block, without storing it or giving it a name, like:

BEGIN
NULL;
END;
/

then it is not stored anywhere. It is temporarily in your buffer, until it is overwritten by the next thing, unless you use an editor to save it to a .sql file.
Previous Topic: Ive had a go, can you please help now?
Next Topic: Big Int data type problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 12:52:12 CDT 2024