Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Net8 protocol error
Net8 protocol error [message #66667] Wed, 09 October 2002 09:30 Go to next message
Priyaa Srinivasan
Hello,

We are using JDBC in our application, to manipulate with the oracle data. We get two kinds of 'Net8 protocol error' while accessing the database.

one is the 'java.io.exception' stating there is a 'Net8 protocol error' and this error occurs particularly when we access the clob objects.

we get the same error as 'java.sql.SQLException' too, and this occurs even with normal access to oracle Database (not only in retrieval, but even on insert, updates).

How to solve this problem?

Do i need to change any param in the configuration parameters files like init.ora or in the protocol.ora or listener.ora

Thanks,
Priyaa.
Re: Net8 protocol error [message #66670 is a reply to message #66667] Thu, 10 October 2002 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.SREENIVASAN
HI,

PLEASE TELL ME ,CAN YOU CONNECT THE SQLPLUS TO ORACLE SERVER.(CLIENT TO SERVER)

K.SREENIVASAN
Re: Net8 protocol error [message #66676 is a reply to message #66670] Fri, 11 October 2002 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Priyaa Srinivasan
Dear Mr. Sreenivasan,

Yes, i could connect with the sql plus, i could even connect with the oracle server through by application.
I get this error while I run the application.
i haven't noted this error with the sql client till now. It is only with the application, i get this error.
Hope I'm clear to you.
Pls let me know what i should do, to solve this.
Thanks u in Advance,
With Regards,
Priyaa.
Re: Net8 protocol error [message #67375 is a reply to message #66670] Wed, 09 June 2004 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satya
Com.Crossworlds.CwConnctionApi.Exception.VerbProcessingFailedException:[[Type:Error]][[MSGID:37003]][[MSG;Execution Of Prepared Retrieve Statement Failed:Java.sql.SQLException:[[IBM-Crossworlds]][[oracle JDBC Driver]] InernalError:Net8 protocol Error]]
Re: Net8 protocol error [message #67376 is a reply to message #66676] Wed, 09 June 2004 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
satyanarayana
Hi Srinivasan,

I am getting the following error in OracleAppsConnector
com.Crossworlds.CWConnectionapi.Exception.VerbProcessingFailedException:[[Type:Error]] [[MsgID:37003]][[Msg:Execution of prepared Retrieve statement Failed: Java.Sql.SQLException:[[IBM_crossworlds]][[Oracle JDBC Driver]]Internal Error: Net 8 Protocol Error]]
Re: Net8 protocol error [message #67377 is a reply to message #66676] Wed, 09 June 2004 22:47 Go to previous message
satyanarayana
I am getting the following error in OracleAppsConnector
com.Crossworlds.CWConnectionapi.Exception.VerbProcessingFailedException:[[Type:Error]] [[MsgID:37003]][[Msg:Execution of prepared Retrieve statement Failed: Java.Sql.SQLException:[[IBM_crossworlds]][[Oracle JDBC Driver]]Internal Error: Net 8 Protocol Error]]
Previous Topic: TNS error
Next Topic: Net 8 Protocol Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 00:43:03 CDT 2024