Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » HWM size
HWM size [message #60714] Sat, 28 February 2004 09:47 Go to next message
vadlamani

how to find out the HWM size of the table or index or any objects inthe database.I mean previously there was  a lot of discussion in the group that TRUNCATE resets the HWM & DELETE statement does not do it. But how to see the HWM size ,none of the views DBA_TABLES,objects,segments show that imformation

witht regards

satish
Re: HWM size [message #60718 is a reply to message #60714] Sun, 29 February 2004 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thiru
Are you sure DBA_TABLES doesnt have information about HWM ?

Here's an extract from Performance tuning Manual :

"High Water Mark in DBA_TABLES
The data dictionary keeps track of the blocks that have been populated with rows. The high water mark is used as the end marker during a full table scan. The high water mark is stored in DBA_TABLES.BLOCKS. It is reset when the table is dropped or truncated.

"

Ofcourse,you will need to gather statistics to update the data dictionary.

-Thiru
Re: HWM size [message #60720 is a reply to message #60718] Sun, 29 February 2004 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vadlamani
hi,
There is no column in DBA_TABLES as HWM explicitly ,so i did not know how to find the information ,
But,know i know that BLOCKS columns show the number of blocks for the table below the HWM size.
Any how thanks foru r reply
regards
satish
Re: HWM size [message #61242 is a reply to message #60718] Wed, 07 April 2004 03:30 Go to previous message
Ajendra
Thanks Thiru.
Previous Topic: The setup does not run on my compaq server
Next Topic: dump-import
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:07:33 CDT 2024