Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » cannot understand what is the problem (Oracle 10g, windows 10)
icon5.gif  cannot understand what is the problem [message #678760] Tue, 07 January 2020 14:14 Go to next message
Oraclinho
When I add a new user as admin in users table and assigned setting for that in forms to appear somethings only for admins and disappeared for others, So I added the following code in (when new form instance) trigger .... knowing that in the form property in where condition section there is a condition (End_Date is null) ...

set_window_property(forms_mdi_window,window_state,Maximize);

set_window_property('GH_STR_STORES_WIN',window_state,maximize);

if :global.user_name = '123456' or :global.user_name = '456789'
and :global.pass = '654321' or :global.pass = '987654' then

set_block_property ('STORES',default_where,'END_DATE IS NOT NULL');
set_item_property('STORES.END_DATE', VISIBLE, property_TRUE);
set_item_property('STORES.END_DATE', ENABLED, property_TRUE);
execute_query(no_validate);

set_block_property ('STORE_DT',default_where,'END_DATE IS NOT NULL');
set_item_property('STORE_DT.END_DATE', VISIBLE, property_TRUE);
set_item_property('STORE_DT.END_DATE', ENABLED, property_TRUE);

end if;

when I enter to that screen by one of those admin users and pressed ctrl + f11 to execute .... there is no data displayed ?!!!
Although when I enter to that screen by another normal user and pressed ctrl + f11 to execute .... I can review the data !!!

I don't know the reason of that problem Sad ?!!

anyone can help ?!!
Re: cannot understand what is the problem [message #678766 is a reply to message #678760] Wed, 08 January 2020 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
So first guess is that nothing in the table satisfies the where clause.
If you think otherwise then I suggest you make use of the block property last_query to see exactly what query forms issued to the DB (I'd add an item to the form and populate that with last_query so you can copy and paste)
Re: cannot understand what is the problem [message #678771 is a reply to message #678760] Thu, 09 January 2020 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
flyboy
You did not post whether there is any relationship between admin/normal users and used :global.user_name/pass variables.
If so, note that in most languages, AND condition has higher precedence than OR. If Forms act also so, the condition in IF statement would be evaluated as
:global.user_name = '123456' or (:global.user_name = '456789'
and :global.pass = '654321') or :global.pass = '987654'
If you want to call the inside code in different cases, use parenthesis in that condition appropriately.
You should use parenthesis in conditions with different logical operators anyway.
Re: cannot understand what is the problem [message #678772 is a reply to message #678771] Thu, 09 January 2020 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
And if pass is password why on earth are you checking it?
You shouldn't know what the values are and users should be able to change them without you having to change code.
Re: cannot understand what is the problem [message #678782 is a reply to message #678772] Fri, 10 January 2020 13:53 Go to previous message
Oraclinho
I found the problem was lack of my attention .... as I found that there is (where condition) in form property that .. END_DAT IS NULL while I put a trigger (when new form instance) that check if user is admin so it deals with the form as if END_DATA IS NOT NULL at the same time which cause a conflict that produce this problem ..... I appreciate your answers and trials to help me in solving this issue.
Previous Topic: Forms 12c: Internet explorer does nothing
Next Topic: Is it possible to get the table name from the user.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:14:51 CDT 2024