Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Login error "You are trying to access a page.....
Login error "You are trying to access a page..... [message #664379] Fri, 14 July 2017 08:06 Go to next message
sdupree
In my organisation our Finance team use Oracle EBS and they keep coming up against the annoying error of 'You Are Trying To Access a Page That Is No Longer Active.' when logging in. What exactly causes this? The temporary fix is to clear all browser data or get users to work in Private mode in Firefox,this isn't really ideal. We've told users to stop using a bookmark as well and to enter the full host url which has some what helped

Can you give me some advice or best practice?

Thank you

Re: Login error "You are trying to access a page..... [message #664412 is a reply to message #664379] Sun, 16 July 2017 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alien
Hi,

what version of eBS are you using?
What is the URL the users are using when they get the error message?
Does the error occur on customized pages or also on standard eBS pages. Do those users also have open forms sessions?
Are any LOV popup-screens open when they get this error message?
Any other specifics about when they get this error would be helpful.

Regards,

Arian

Re: Login error "You are trying to access a page..... [message #664441 is a reply to message #664412] Tue, 18 July 2017 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sdupree

The version is EBS 12.1
It's when users go to the application login screen; i.e http://host.domain.com:8000
After clearing cookies/cache it will work fine, and then after a day or two will reoccur again.We remind users to logout after every session and try and not use a bookmark.Other examples are opening hyperlinks from reports and loading journals in WedADIs
Re: Login error "You are trying to access a page..... [message #664450 is a reply to message #664441] Tue, 18 July 2017 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alien
Hi,

there are a number of issues with IE and cookies. But these are always occurring. The fact that you have the problem intermittently over several days is strange.
Indeed accessing pages directly through a bookmark is a recipe for this kind of errors. But you have realized that already.

The login page should work however. The cause of the error is that a cookie is found that is still valid, but does not reference a valid eBS session. Removing the cookie, or using a (different) browser session that does not use the cookie works around the issue. But the cookie should have been invalidated at the expiration of the eBS session.

Do you have a loadbalancer configuration? Or SSO configuration?
And what is the value of profile option ICX: Session Timeout and parameter oc4j_session_timeout in the Autoconfig Contextfile?

Regards,

Arian
Re: Login error "You are trying to access a page..... [message #665087 is a reply to message #664450] Mon, 21 August 2017 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sdupree
The login issue has calmed down in the last few weeks.I had the idea get Firefox to clear cookies and cache at exit which may have helped.Although now what's happening is with loading up the GL Journal into Excel.It'll come up with the oracle login screen when it's creating the document.The ADI loads off the back of IE,but it seems by ticking the last box on delete browsing history gets round it.Any idea why this is?
  • Attachment: image001.png
    (Size: 302.71KB, Downloaded 1628 times)
Re: Login error "You are trying to access a page..... [message #665099 is a reply to message #665087] Mon, 21 August 2017 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DannyEm
Have you solved this issue? I face the same problem but haven't figured it out.
Re: Login error "You are trying to access a page..... [message #665137 is a reply to message #665087] Wed, 23 August 2017 00:27 Go to previous message
Alien
Hi,

for me the last check box is to clear ActiveX and Tracking information. I assume it's the same for you.
Are you on a recent iExplore version? Old versions (8 and 9) had some issues with ActiveX and XSS.

Do you have a loadbalancer configuration? Or SSO configuration?
And what is the value of profile option ICX: Session Timeout and parameter oc4j_session_timeout in the Autoconfig Contextfile?

Also do you have multiple eBS instances that users use together/at different times?

If you have access to Support.oracle.com check MOS note: 456906.1 and 946807.1

Regards,

Arian

[Updated on: Wed, 23 August 2017 00:27]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Auto schedule bundled email or request set
Next Topic: Is it Possible we can make Oracle HRMS Positions Mandatory
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:10:44 CDT 2024