Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Call report from a form button (10g, 6i 8.1x64)
Call report from a form button [message #662460] Tue, 02 May 2017 12:31 Go to next message
Mich_F_King_Dot
Hey Experts,

I am using Developer 6i with oracle 10g xe database.

I have a button on a form which perform some operations and at the end call a report. Before 10g while i was using 9i I had the following command in that button which call that report

RUN_PRODUCT(REPORTS,V_PATH||'MyReportName',SYNCHRONOUS,RUNTIME,FILESYSTEM,PL_ID);

It worked fine when I had oracle 9i database with 6i developer. But now as I have oracle 10g database with 6i developer it is not calling the report.

I am new to oracle so I dont know what to do. Can anybody please tell what would be the appropriate code to call this report?
Re: Call report from a form button [message #662461 is a reply to message #662460] Tue, 02 May 2017 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Is there any error? If so, which one?

RUN_PRODUCT "belongs" to Forms 6i, which didn't change so I presume it *should* work regardless database version upgrade.

Did you check whether RUN_PRODUCT parameters are valid?
- v_path||'myreportname' - that should be the .rdf file; is V_PATH correctly set?
- synchronous - that's OK - communication mode
- runtime - that's OK too - execution mode
- filesystem - location of the reports module
- pl_id - parameter list handle
Re: Call report from a form button [message #662468 is a reply to message #662461] Tue, 02 May 2017 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
angelitodiaz
Hello, Mich_F_King_Dot.

I did have the same problem last week.

For me work this code:

DECLARE
pl_id ParamList;

BEGIN
pl_id := Create_Parameter_List('tmpdata');
Add_Parameter(pl_id,'NAME_PARAMETER_OF_REPORT',TEXT_PARAMETER,'NAME_OF_FIELD');
Add_Parameter(pl_id,'PARAMFORM',TEXT_PARAMETER,'NO');
rp2rro.rp2rro_run_product(reports,
'NAME_OF_REPORT',
ASYNCHRONOUS,
RUNTIME,
filesystem,pl_id,null);
Destroy_Parameter_List( pl_id );
END;
Re: Call report from a form button [message #662484 is a reply to message #662461] Wed, 03 May 2017 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mich_F_King_Dot
@ M.r Little Foot. Thanks a lot sir for your precious time.
Re: Call report from a form button [message #662485 is a reply to message #662468] Wed, 03 May 2017 09:39 Go to previous message
Mich_F_King_Dot
@ angelitodiaz Your code solved a bundle of problems. Thank you very much sir
Previous Topic: Error when starting Forms & Reports
Next Topic: FRM-32083
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:12:25 CDT 2024