Home » Other » Client Tools » SQL Developer (SQL Developer, Version 4.1.5, Centos)
SQL Developer [message #662018] Wed, 12 April 2017 13:14 Go to next message
dapoeb
Dear Colleague,

Someone should kindly educate me I just Install Oracle 12c on Centos 6.6. Every thing is working fine, but I cannot see Seed PDB (SEED$PDB) on the sql developer GUI. But I Can see it via sqlplus command prompt, select * from pdbs

Is there any thing I am doing wrong, or is it the rule that it must not display on GUI, but I have samples on internet that display it on the publish screen shot.

Thanks in anticipation of positive report.
Re: SQL Developer [message #662031 is a reply to message #662018] Thu, 13 April 2017 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dapoeb
Dear Team, at this moment 66 people have read this question, but nobody is saying anything, is it difficult or not clear? kindly let experience person put me through, so that I can move on with my study.
Re: SQL Developer [message #662034 is a reply to message #662031] Thu, 13 April 2017 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Maybe no one here use SQL Developer with Oracle 12c on Centos, this is a quite rare configuration.

Re: SQL Developer [message #662035 is a reply to message #662034] Thu, 13 April 2017 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dapoeb
Can Someone Check, are we saying it's a platform issue? I thought SQL Developer is the same characteristics.
Re: SQL Developer [message #662036 is a reply to message #662035] Fri, 14 April 2017 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
This is probably quite stupid (as I don't use 12c nor Centos); however, some thoughts which might (or not) give you some ideas.

SQL Developer is an Oracle product so I'd say that *everything* you see in SQL*Plus should be visible in SQL Developer as well. So: did you connect to SQL Developer using exactly the same credentials you used to connect to SQL*Plus? Which user is it? Did you try SYS?

Besides, when you mentioned "I cannot see Seed PDB (SEED$PDB) database", I believe it is PDB$SEED.

Finally: here's the Managing Pluggable Databases (PDBs) using Oracle SQL Developer. Screenshot in "Managing Pluggable Databases (PDBs) using Oracle SQL Developer" section clearly shows PDB$SEED in SQL Developer. Have a look, follow steps described in that document and - maybe you'll find what you are looking for.
Re: SQL Developer [message #662043 is a reply to message #662036] Sat, 15 April 2017 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dapoeb
Dear Littlefoot, I sincerely appreciate your input, I want to assure you in my opinion there is no stupidity in the world of knowledge as long as we are all yearning to know more. Note that Ideas rules the world, no Island can stand on it's own so you have done well by putting up your thought on the issue, thanks a lot.

Have been able to figure out the issue. After installing Oracle 12c, because of my limited knowledge of both the Oracle 12c and the Centos 6.6 I was unable to figure out where the sqldeveloper was, thereby thinking it was not installed, this I installed yum from the root could only see the pluggable DB alone, after poking around for some time, I was able to launch the sqldeveloper bundled with 12c itself which is in this path: /u01/app/oracle/product/12.0.1/dbhome_1/sqldeveloper, I used ./sqldeveloper.sh to launch it.

One more thing, I need to create shortcut to this part, I will appreciate who can assist in doing that.

Littlefoot, I also thank you for correcting my mistake above, it is PDB$SEED. I appreciate all your input.

Let me add this here, have initiated this on another forum, but have not gotten a convincing answer, after complete this installation, my next plan is to install Oracle 12c RAC, but I have a little challenge with my network on Oracle VirtualBox, after about 15 to 20 minutes of no much activities on my guest operating system, it goes to inactive, of which I will not be able to ping into it nor ping out, or connect via putty from my host laptop. Word of advice and suggestion will help.

Re: SQL Developer [message #662084 is a reply to message #662018] Mon, 17 April 2017 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thatjeffsmith

See it, 'where' or 'how?'

Do you mean on the DBA panel, when connected to the Container database on the Container Database node?

If so, we don't show it there intentionally. What are you trying to do?
Re: SQL Developer [message #662830 is a reply to message #662084] Fri, 12 May 2017 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HankerPL
Do you have a DBA role assigned to you user/schema?
Re: SQL Developer [message #663168 is a reply to message #662830] Wed, 24 May 2017 09:38 Go to previous message
dapoeb
Yes
Previous Topic: login.sql not running automatically?! Win10
Next Topic: SDCLI : NullPointerException while converting db from Sql Server to Oracle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:05:20 CDT 2024