Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » DBLinks stopped after wrongly changing domain name in sqlnet.ora (11.0.2.10)
DBLinks stopped after wrongly changing domain name in sqlnet.ora [message #659975] Tue, 07 February 2017 00:54 Go to next message
OraFerro
Messages: 316
Registered: July 2011
Senior Member
Dear All,

I wrongly changed the default domain name (NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN=WORLD) by mistake in sqlnet.ora.

After that all DBlinks stopped working, I removed this line (as it was not there from the beginning) but still DBlinks are not working giving:
1 ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified SQL.sql 1 20

Thnaks,
Ferro
Re: DBLinks stopped after wrongly changing domain name in sqlnet.ora [message #659976 is a reply to message #659975] Tue, 07 February 2017 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OraFerro
Messages: 316
Registered: July 2011
Senior Member
My original sqlnet.ora file looked like this (could not upload the file as upload did not work):
# sqlnet.ora Network Configuration File: /oracle/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/dbhome_1/network/admin/sqlnet.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES, EZCONNECT)

ADR_BASE = /oracle/app/oracle



Thanks,
Ferro
Re: DBLinks stopped after wrongly changing domain name in sqlnet.ora [message #659980 is a reply to message #659976] Tue, 07 February 2017 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Messages: 65387
Registered: March 2007
Location: Nanterre, France, http://...
Senior Member
Account Moderator

Once again your posts are inconsistent.
You can't have both:
* "I wrongly changed the default domain name (NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN=WORLD) by mistake in sqlnet.ora."
* "My original sqlnet.ora file looked like this " and post a sqlnet.ora WITHOUT the parameter.

Re: DBLinks stopped after wrongly changing domain name in sqlnet.ora [message #659981 is a reply to message #659980] Tue, 07 February 2017 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Messages: 65387
Registered: March 2007
Location: Nanterre, France, http://...
Senior Member
Account Moderator

Also the sqlnet.ora used by the db links is the one on the server.

Re: DBLinks stopped after wrongly changing domain name in sqlnet.ora [message #659983 is a reply to message #659981] Tue, 07 February 2017 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OraFerro
Messages: 316
Registered: July 2011
Senior Member
@Michel,

I am talking about the one on the server.
I opened sqlnet.ora (on the server) to add sqlnet.expire_time = 30
by mistake I added NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN=WORLD since then dblink stopped with (ORA-12154)

I am trying to upload the original sqlnet.ora but I cant... I know there might be something wrong with my environment but cant figure it out.

Thanks a lot
Re: DBLinks stopped after wrongly changing domain name in sqlnet.ora [message #659993 is a reply to message #659983] Tue, 07 February 2017 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Messages: 13014
Registered: September 2008
Location: Rainy Manchester
Senior Member
Well the obvious thing is that while you think you've undone the changes you've made you actually haven't - you've done something other than just add and then remove a specific bit of text.
Re: DBLinks stopped after wrongly changing domain name in sqlnet.ora [message #659998 is a reply to message #659993] Tue, 07 February 2017 03:47 Go to previous message
OraFerro
Messages: 316
Registered: July 2011
Senior Member
@cookiemonster,

In fact it worked after I restarted the listener! Or maybe it worked some time (not directly) after I replaced the original sqlnet.ora again, cant tell which one solved the problem!

Thanks a lot,
Ferro

[Updated on: Tue, 07 February 2017 03:47]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Cursor Program To Find Tax Amount
Next Topic: Display only 10 charecters from column
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Feb 22 03:35:59 CST 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01226 seconds