Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Oracle Forms exit_form twice
Oracle Forms exit_form twice [message #659566] Sun, 22 January 2017 12:09 Go to next message
IneedYourHelp
Hi,

i am totally new to PL/SQL and FORMS. I know this question was already asked, but the answers I could find didnt help me, because i am still a beginner.

I want to open a new form with new_form('C:...'); as a button pressed trigger, but i get the error: frm-40202 Field must be entered.
When I enter one part of a record it works. The answer to the similar question let me guess that it is because the form is in some kind of insert mode.
Thats why you need to use exit_form twice to really exit it.
In my case I think that I would need to use exit_form and than open_form, but the problem ist that I basically don't know any syntax of PL/SQL stuff.

exit_form(What does belong here?);
new_form('C: ...');
does not seem to work.
To similar answers there were explanations but no script, which did not help me as a beginner.

Thanks.
Re: Oracle Forms exit_form twice [message #659567 is a reply to message #659566] Sun, 22 January 2017 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
In order NOT to guess valid syntax, while in Forms Builder, click the "Help" menu and open online help system. It allows you to search, so - when in doubt - check the correct syntax. Moreover, Help contains numerous examples.

As of what you currently are doing, I doubt that double EXIT_FORM solves any problem (EXIT_FORM, as its name says, exits the form Its keyboard shortcut will also exit query mode, but I can't remember any situation which requires TWO calls). "Field must be entered" probably means that there's at least one item which has its "Required" property set to "Yes", so you can't navigate out of that form until you enter all required values. It means that you should rethink the process as you probably want to enter current record's values and then navigate to another form.
Re: Oracle Forms exit_form twice [message #659574 is a reply to message #659567] Mon, 23 January 2017 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IneedYourHelp
You are right, that there is a primarykey which has to be entered, but I still want to open a form without entering it.
How can I do this?
Re: Oracle Forms exit_form twice [message #659587 is a reply to message #659574] Mon, 23 January 2017 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
A record (on the screen) shouldn't be modified in any way, so - no PRE-RECORD nor WHEN-NEW-RECORD-INSTANCE etc. which might set some default values. Because, once you modify it, Forms expects you to finish the job (i.e. enter all information required).
Re: Oracle Forms exit_form twice [message #659589 is a reply to message #659566] Mon, 23 January 2017 04:57 Go to previous message
IneedYourHelp
I solved it with setting the mouse navigation property to false.
Even though I donĀ“t exactly know why this helped.

[Updated on: Mon, 23 January 2017 04:57]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: set mouse navigation property to false
Next Topic: Debug Form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:30:31 CDT 2024