Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Mobility application (Forms 6i and Oracle 10g)
Mobility application [message #658026] Wed, 30 November 2016 23:27 Go to next message
chat2raj.s
I need to develop a mobility application and i knew only forms 6i and oracle 10g. This is a Service application, where the technician should be notified on his work and he should be able to update status on the same using his android mobile phone.

What other software/tools should i know/use to develop such an application.
Re: Mobility application [message #658030 is a reply to message #658026] Thu, 01 December 2016 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As you are an Oracle user, perhaps you'd want to do that using Oracle. If so, consider Application Express (Apex) which - in version 5 (the recent one) offers the responsive theme which automatically adjusts to different devices (from desktop PCs to mobile phones). So: you'd create an application; technician should have Internet access and be able to connect to the server (otherwise, the application wouldn't work).

Here's a tutorial:Responsive Web Application Development with Theme 25 in Application Express 5.0.

Apart from that, there are other options I'm not familiar with. Though, my colleague uses b4a. It can connect to an Oracle database and ... well, do whatever you have to do.
Re: Mobility application [message #658031 is a reply to message #658030] Thu, 01 December 2016 00:25 Go to previous message
chat2raj.s
Thank you. Let me check on it.
Previous Topic: How to pen a procedure in attached libraries in Forms Builder
Next Topic: When press F11 on form, showing message [merged by jd]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:50:35 CDT 2024