Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Read/write files from remote server using utl_file in oracle (oracle 11g)
Read/write files from remote server using utl_file in oracle [message #652419] Wed, 08 June 2016 09:34 Go to next message
tolupuluri
Hi All,

In my situation, Oracle is installed on Unix Server.

So i can create the file directory and can read the files on the unix server using utl_file.fopen function to read/write the files from oracle.

In the same way i want to access the files on the another server, where my oracle was not installed.

Is there any way to read/write the files from the another server?
Re: Read/write files from remote server using utl_file in oracle [message #652420 is a reply to message #652419] Wed, 08 June 2016 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
tolupuluri wrote on Wed, 08 June 2016 07:34
Hi All,

In my situation, Oracle is installed on Unix Server.

So i can create the file directory and can read the files on the unix server using utl_file.fopen function to read/write the files from oracle.

In the same way i want to access the files on the another server, where my oracle was not installed.

Is there any way to read/write the files from the another server?

NO, no way.

PL?SQL runs inside DB engine & can only access OS file system that is local to DB Server
Re: Read/write files from remote server using utl_file in oracle [message #652421 is a reply to message #652419] Wed, 08 June 2016 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill B
You can do it by mapping a drive on the unix server that will be done by auto mounting a NFS share. Use google to find out how to do it. The mount is done at boot up of the server so it looks like just another volume on the first server.
Re: Read/write files from remote server using utl_file in oracle [message #652422 is a reply to message #652421] Wed, 08 June 2016 09:52 Go to previous message
tolupuluri
Noted, I will search for that on google. Thank you.
Previous Topic: behaviour of to_timestamp and time zones
Next Topic: How To Update Encrypted Password for all user id's using Update Query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:08:00 CDT 2024