Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Running Oracle 10g web application, locally without internet (10.1.2.0.2)
Running Oracle 10g web application, locally without internet [message #651433] Tue, 17 May 2016 15:05 Go to next message
aaichah
Hello,
we have a situation where the Oracle web application server will be down for 10 hours and
we need to keep the application running. We would like to be able to have the runtime for
the forms and reports in the application, behave like Oracle 6i used to, run locally like in
client server environment. Is this possible?
I found an article online "Forms: How to Configure Forms Builder to run forms locally"

https://sites.google.com/site/craigsoraclestuff/oracle-forms---how-to-s/forms-how-to-configure-forms-builder-

to-run-forms-locally

but I guess this is just running one form at a time from within forms builder, for the purpose of unit

testing?
I am looking for a way to have one main 10g form runtime calls other forms and reports locally without having

to be displayed on a web browser

Thank you for helping
Re: Running Oracle 10g web application, locally without internet [message #651434 is a reply to message #651433] Tue, 17 May 2016 15:28 Go to previous message
joy_division
Not 100% sure what you are asking.

You can run them locally from within forms builder. Forms can call other forms as long as the other forms are compiled and in the same directory, so I am not sure what you are asking.

But everyone would have to have forms builder and all the forms on their local machines.

It will always display in a web browser though.
Previous Topic: FRM- 41213: Unable to connect to the report server-Weblogic12c
Next Topic: to make/update entries in incremental order only
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:19:01 CDT 2024