Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Stale Materialised view (Oracle 10.2.0.4.0)
Stale Materialised view [message #650601] Thu, 28 April 2016 04:45 Go to next message
brown_zzz
I have a materialized view set to refresh on commit and it's not refreshing when the base tables change. Looking at dba_mviews the 'staleness' column is 'IMPORT'. Does anyone know what this means and how it gets into this state?

I finally resolved the problem by manually refreshing the mview and it refreshed (last refresh date changed) and the 'staleness' column changed to 'FRESH'. But I need to know what caused it.

thanks.
Re: Stale Materialised view [message #650609 is a reply to message #650601] Thu, 28 April 2016 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
martijn
Are you quite sure about the staleness column being "import"?
When I look in the documentation for your version (10.2.0.4) I see the following:
Quote:
FRESH - Materialized view is a read-consistent view of the current state of its masters

STALE - Materialized view is out of date because one or more of its masters has changed. If the materialized view was FRESH before it became STALE, then it is a read-consistent view of a former state of its masters.

UNUSABLE - Materialized view is not a read-consistent view of its masters from any point in time

UNKNOWN - Oracle Database does not know whether the materialized view is in a read-consistent view of its masters from any point in time (this is the case for materialized views created on prebuilt tables)

UNDEFINED - Materialized view has remote masters. The concept of staleness is not defined for such materialized views.
Re: Stale Materialised view [message #650612 is a reply to message #650609] Thu, 28 April 2016 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

IMPORT means the mview was imported.

Re: Stale Materialised view [message #650616 is a reply to message #650612] Thu, 28 April 2016 06:24 Go to previous message
brown_zzz
thanks for that.
Previous Topic: Partitioning Tables
Next Topic: Hierarchical Query (merged)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:15:55 CDT 2024