Home » Other » Training & Certification » Is 1Z0-883 really so difficult ?
Is 1Z0-883 really so difficult ? [message #650021] Tue, 12 April 2016 16:48 Go to next message
e-ferrari
Hi,

i found this post: http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/197845/
Does anyone have passed this exam successfully ? Is it really so difficult ?
I have a basic knowledge of SQL and RDBMS. Currently establishing MySQL replication.
10 years experience in linux systemadministration.
What can you recommend for preparation ? Are there good books (in english or german) ?
I found the following: http://www.amazon.com/Mysql-Database-Administrator-Guide-1z0-883/dp/0071775757/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1460480621& sr=1-4&keywords=mysql+ocp
It is announced for august 2016. The reviewer complains that its release has already been delayed several times. Does someone know when it is published ? On the german amazon it is announced for december 2016 (not translated, still in english).
Also this book has bad reviews: http://www.amazon.com/Oracle-Database-ExamFOCUS-Questions-1z0-883/dp/1508574537/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1460497187& ;sr=1-3&keywords=mysql+ocp
Any good books you can recommend ?

Thanks for any tip.

Bernd
Re: Is 1Z0-883 really so difficult ? [message #650046 is a reply to message #650021] Wed, 13 April 2016 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matthewmorris68

Beyond the much-delayed book by Steve O'Hearn, I know of nothing for this exam.

Quote:
Also this book has bad reviews...

That series invariably has 1 or 2 star reviews. They are always ludicrously short and printed in an 18-point font to bump the page count on Amazon to partially hide just how short they are. I consider the entire series to be a scam.
Re: Is 1Z0-883 really so difficult ? [message #650048 is a reply to message #650046] Wed, 13 April 2016 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
e-ferrari
Hi Matthew,
thanks for your answer. There does not seem to be any good book for the preparation. It's frustrating.
Also 1Z0-882 seems to be very difficult: http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/198322/
Why do they make it so difficult ? To sell a lot of courses for preparation ?
I succeeded in LPI 1 and 2. Of course you had to learn and prepare, and experience also helps. But it was possible.
Why is there no good literature ? Does Oracle prevent that ?

Bernd
Re: Is 1Z0-883 really so difficult ? [message #650050 is a reply to message #650048] Wed, 13 April 2016 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matthewmorris68

Quote:
Why do they make it so difficult ? To sell a lot of courses for preparation ?

I haven't taken the exam, so I can't speak to how difficult it is from personal experience. I will say that any certification which is easy to obtain is essentially useless. I do not believe that the difficulty of the exam significantly alters OU course sales, so no, I would not expect that to be a factor.

Quote:
Why is there no good literature ? Does Oracle prevent that ?

I've written something on the order of 22 certification study guides. They are reasonably popular with generally between 3-8 being in the top-20 selling Oracle certification books on Amazon at any given time. I've had as many as 20 of my books in the top 40 (Paperback and Kindle sales are separated, so my books show up in 40+ slots). Despite that, I am not writing this forum response from a private island in the Caribbean. Certification books simply have a restricted enough set of buyers that they do not make much money for either the authors or the publishers. If they were huge sellers, you'd have a much wider selection to choose from and more exams would be covered.

Oracle does not (and cannot) prevent certification books from being written. Quite the opposite, they encourage it. Traditional publishers such as Oracle Press get a bit more in the way of encouragement than independents like myself. However, over the years I have developed some contacts within Oracle Certification that give me a bit more of an edge than I had starting out. Even with Oracle's encouragement, though, it's a matter of money -- even for me. If my book sales doubled across the board, my priority on creating new ones would increase significantly.
Re: Is 1Z0-883 really so difficult ? [message #652114 is a reply to message #650050] Thu, 02 June 2016 01:26 Go to previous message
liamgrey
Hi,

There are many sites which provides the best course(s) to help you prepare for your exams with their online preparation in the form of a practice exam.
They claimed to have carefully maintained exam structure, syllabus, time limit and scoring system same as actual Oracle certification exam. Thanks
Previous Topic: OCP 11g DBA help
Next Topic: About Instructor materials
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Mar 18 22:57:09 CDT 2024