Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » text box higlighted black when form is opened (Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.1.0.6.0 - 64bit Production)
text box higlighted black when form is opened [message #648532] Wed, 24 February 2016 12:24 Go to next message
rkhatiwala
Hello,

I am using oracle forms 6i.
I have two blocks :
blk 1 has user name text box. We put the name, and then go to blk 2, press F8 ( to execute query), which populates the data for that user in blk 2.

We added another text box in blk 1, which displays the total count of the records for that user. I wrote a function for that, and calling it in the key-exeqry of blk2, after the execute_query;

But even before doing anything in the form, when the form is opened, the newly added count textbox in blk 1, is all highlighted in black. Since i cannot see anything here, i am displaying count in the message box. But this counts need to be in the textbox in blk 1.

Thanks,
rk
Re: text box higlighted black when form is opened [message #648541 is a reply to message #648532] Thu, 25 February 2016 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Looks like visual attributes are set to paint it black. Did you check them?

Or, alternatively, delete the "count textbox" and copy/paste the "user name textbox" - then modify its properties (rename it, move it to another position, ...) and see what happens.
Re: text box higlighted black when form is opened [message #648569 is a reply to message #648541] Thu, 25 February 2016 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rkhatiwala
Thanks for the reply. All the textboxes have the same settings. I tried copying one of the working textbox, and rename it as a count_textbox. Still same problem.

Thanks again,
RK
Re: text box higlighted black when form is opened [message #648578 is a reply to message #648569] Thu, 25 February 2016 15:23 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Black magic at work.

You didn't mention operating system you use. Which one is it? Is/was Forms 6i certified with it? It certainly isn't supported any more. The last one was Windows XP (if you're on Windows, of course), and every step further from it (i.e. a new OS version) makes your Forms 6i application less likely to work as expected.
Previous Topic: PASSWORD TEXTBOX IS NOT WORKING
Next Topic: Arabic Text in not coming in the file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 11:26:14 CDT 2024