Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Form (oracle 11 g , window 7 64 bit,)
Form [message #644954] Sat, 21 November 2015 00:12 Go to next message
loginkhan
HI
M new user of oracle 11 g. m facing a problem that how i transfer data from one data block to another data block on button click.
I will explain my scenario i have 1st data block in which i have to list item department name and job name when i select dname from item list 1 and jname from list item 2 then i will click on select button then department name , job name , applicant name , applicant qualification and applicant marks will be shown from applicant table from database in the next data block.
code will appricated.
Re: Form [message #644959 is a reply to message #644954] Sat, 21 November 2015 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
That looks like a master-detail form. If you used data block wizard to create them (as well as the relationship), then all you have to do is to put
go_block('second_blok');
execute_query;
into the WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger.

On the other hand, it would be even simpler if you had only one block and perform query in there; why do you need the first block, anyway?
Re: Form [message #645012 is a reply to message #644959] Mon, 23 November 2015 10:02 Go to previous message
CraigB
Since you are new to Oracle Forms, I highly recommend you search the Internet for Oracle Forms Tutorials. The key to developing Oracle Forms applications is understanding what Oracle Forms does automatically for you so you don't end up writing code for something Forms already does. Here are few of the better ones.

A Tutorial on Oracle9i Forms and Reports
iSelfSchooling - Basic Introduction to Forms

Don't worry that they are not specific to Oracle Forms 11g because the basic functionality of Forms is the same across all versions.

Craig...
Previous Topic: GET_FILE_NAME functionality
Next Topic: Importing Java 1.6 Classes into forms 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 23:31:44 CDT 2024