Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Oracle Web Report exports Error into a XLS with copying Screen in it instead of showing on Screen. (Report Builder 10.1.2.0.2)
Oracle Web Report exports Error into a XLS with copying Screen in it instead of showing on Screen. [message #642687] Thu, 17 September 2015 06:01 Go to next message
suyogsheth
/forum/fa/12842/0/Oracle Web Report exports Error into a XLS file with copying Screen with the error message in it instead of showing on Screen.

Hello,

I am currently working with Oracle Reports 10g. I have installed the Oracle Reports Developer 10g on my machine.
I have created a Report which will display the output in PDF & XLSFormat.
Both are working properly with the provided parameters as below.
1. To Date (From Date is defined as default to Current Date )
2. College Name
3. Academic Year
5. Payment Trigger

The Report is being called from the system which is created by using Java. There is a Call to the Report from the Java Screen.

PDF Part:
When we select the PDF Option for report, the screen will open a window for passing the parameters. If the parameters are as per the criteria then the report shows the data on the screen and if we want to save it it will save the report as a PDF Copy.
I have added the Validations on the TO Date field. The To Date should no be greater than 90 Days than the From Date. If the user enters the To Date greater than 90 days of the Current Date , the Error message has been displayed on the Screen. The Error will appear on the screen in case of PDF Option.

XLS Part:
But when we select the XLS Option for report the report creates a File: rwservlet.xls.
But if the user enters the Invalid Date which is greater than 90 days from the Current Date then the system is not showing the Error Message on the Screen, instead its creating the same file: rwservlet.xls and copying the Entire Screen on the sheet which include the error message. Which is incorrect.

I want the XLS Part to display the message on the Screen if the Date entered incorrectly. Also it should not create the rwservlet.xls if the parameters are incorrect.

Could you please help me for resolving this issue. I need to resolve it asap. Thanks in advance.

Attaching the rwservlet.xls which includes the Screen with the error.
  • Attachment: XLS Error.jpg
    (Size: 261.32KB, Downloaded 2232 times)
Re: Oracle Web Report exports Error into a XLS with copying Screen in it instead of showing on Screen. [message #642894 is a reply to message #642687] Tue, 22 September 2015 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
If you're calling it from Java why not just create a Java screen for input and validation of parameters?
Re: Oracle Web Report exports Error into a XLS with copying Screen in it instead of showing on Screen. [message #642901 is a reply to message #642894] Tue, 22 September 2015 09:14 Go to previous message
suyogsheth
Thanks for the response.
Actually its an already developer system and i just made few changes to the reports. The Client don't want to make any changes to the existing system. Due to this not created a java screen.
Previous Topic: Problem in PDF generated from Report server
Next Topic: IGNORE NULL or a work around
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:06:11 CDT 2024