Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Union Join
Union Join [message #640570] Thu, 30 July 2015 15:51 Go to next message
ajen7118
Hi all,

I have a query as below and I want to join these two queries in order to get info.

each query works fine but when I try to join them together.

I got the error msg :ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended thank you for your kind help.

select distinct b.lev5 AS "LEVEL 1",b.lev5NAME, C.lev7 "FUND", C.lev7NAME,round (sum(a.data),2) AS AMOUNT
(Select distinct b.lev5
from bf_data a
inner join bf_orgn_cnsl_tbl b
on a.bf_orgn_cd = b.bf_orgn_cd
inner join bf_fund_cnsl_tbl c
on a.bf_fund_cd =c.bf_fund_cd
inner join bf_Orgn d ---> inner join with bf_orgn_cd colunm
on b.bf_orgn_cd =d.cd

WHERE a.bf_tm_perd_cd in (select bf_tm_perd_chld_cd from bf_tm_perd_cnsl_tbl where bf_tm_perd_select_cd='ADOPTTOT')
and a.bf_bdob_cd in (select bf_bdob_chld_cd from bf_bdob_rlup_tbl where rlup1 in ('TOTEXP','TOTBSAEXP'))
and c.bf_fund_cnsl_slcn_cd = '01-FUND'
and b.bf_orgn_cnsl_slcn_cd = '01-ORG'
and d.bf_acty_cd in (select distinct bf_acty_cd from bf_acty_cnsl_tbl where lev2 in ('400_FUNC'))
and c.LEV4='GF'
AND c.bf_fund_cd= 'A01' )
union
(select distinct b.lev5
from bf_data a
inner join bf_orgn_cnsl_tbl b
on a.bf_orgn_cd = b.bf_orgn_cd
inner join bf_fund_cnsl_tbl c
on a.bf_fund_cd =c.bf_fund_cd
inner join bf_Orgn d
on b.lev5 =d.cd ---> inner join with lev5 colunm
WHERE a.bf_tm_perd_cd in (select bf_tm_perd_chld_cd from bf_tm_perd_cnsl_tbl where bf_tm_perd_select_cd='ADOPTTOT')
and a.bf_bdob_cd in (select bf_bdob_chld_cd from bf_bdob_rlup_tbl where rlup1 in ('TOTEXP','TOTBSAEXP'))
and c.bf_fund_cnsl_slcn_cd = '01-FUND'
and b.bf_orgn_cnsl_slcn_cd = '01-ORG'
and b.lev5NAME like 'CP%' --> the only difference from first query
and d.bf_acty_cd in (select distinct bf_acty_cd from bf_acty_cnsl_tbl where lev2 in ('400_FUNC'))
and c.LEV4='GF'
AND c.bf_fund_cd= 'A01')
group by b.lev5 ,b.lev5NAME , C.lev7, C.lev7NAME
order by b.lev5
Re: Union Join [message #640571 is a reply to message #640570] Thu, 30 July 2015 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Your code doesn't make sense, is that query on the second line meant to be a subquery projected as a column of the first query? If so, you need to insert a comma before it. You seem to have column aliases for some columns, but not others. Is that right?

Re: Union Join [message #640576 is a reply to message #640570] Fri, 31 July 2015 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Also, Please read OraFAQ Forum Guide and How to use [code] tags and make your code easier to read.

Of you use SQL*Plus, it will tell you where is the error.

If you learn to proper format your SQL, you will be able to debug it.
If you don't know how to do it, learn it using SQL Formatter.

Re: Union Join [message #640582 is a reply to message #640576] Fri, 31 July 2015 02:55 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
In addition to what John already pointed out your outer query is missing a FROM clause.
What you've posted is a mess and since we don't know anything about your DB or what the query is supposed to do, we can't tell you what it should be.
Previous Topic: i want to find the string 'EMP1' which procedures have that string under the package
Next Topic: Joining Two View
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:24:57 CDT 2024