Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Execute Data using When validate Record trigger (Oracle 10g,XE database,Windows7(32))
Execute Data using When validate Record trigger [message #638872] Wed, 24 June 2015 00:49 Go to next message
tofajjalhnipu66@gmail.com
Hi ,

I have one form . and in this form i have 2 data block ..1st is form style and 2nd is tabular style . Tabular style is just for showing Record. and form style block is for inserting,updating and other work ...

When i run This form ,In tabular block data is execute .my requirement, Click the mouse on any of the records in the block of tabular if I do , then click on the record will be executed at form block . how to do this ?

Could u help me please ...

Regards
Nipu
Re: Execute Data using When validate Record trigger [message #638879 is a reply to message #638872] Wed, 24 June 2015 06:00 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
First of all, I don't like the idea of having the same data twice on the screen. What benefit does it provide?

As of your question: you didn't mention Forms version you use. If it is 9i or above, mouse gestures won't work so you'll have to forget about "click the mouse on any record" - you'll have to create a button (for every tabular block record) and click the button instead.

Any option you use, you'll have to prepare query execution for the first block. It is usually done by setting its ONETIME_WHERE (or DEFAULT_WHERE; you'll make that decision) property. Previously mentioned button's WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger would look like
set_block_property('first_block', 'onetime_where', 'id = ' || :second_block.id);
go_block('first_block');
execute_query;

Note that - if it is a classic master-detail form - contents of the tabular block might change once the query is executed in the first block.
Previous Topic: select all record of date between 01-jan-2015 to 30-mar-2015 and time shift a(6:59:59 am to 1:59:59)
Next Topic: UNABLE TO INSTALL ORACLE FORMS AND REPORTS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:59:10 CDT 2024