Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » CREATE ANY PACKAGE alternative (Oracle 10g)
CREATE ANY PACKAGE alternative [message #637229] Wed, 13 May 2015 06:16 Go to next message
Gnans
Hello everyone,

I have a requirement as below. Any way to achieve this rather than providing a blanked "CREATE ANY" access ?

1) Application is running as User/Schema id X
2) At the trigger of a particular function, the application will have to compile a PACKAGE on Schema Y.

How do I achieve this?

Thanks in advance for your input.
Re: CREATE ANY PACKAGE alternative [message #637231 is a reply to message #637229] Wed, 13 May 2015 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

1/ Why have you to do this? I don't see any reason and I don't see even less reason to not do it with the owner of the package.
2/ If you REALLY want to do it, you can create a procedure in the owner's schema, procedure which will recompile the package, and grant the execute privilege on this procedure to the one that must recompile the package.

Re: CREATE ANY PACKAGE alternative [message #637232 is a reply to message #637231] Wed, 13 May 2015 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gnans
To answer that
1 -> The user/schema X is a super user in terms of the application and cannot change it to be running as User Y.
2 -> Schema Y is where all our code is preferred to be located.
Re: CREATE ANY PACKAGE alternative [message #637233 is a reply to message #637232] Wed, 13 May 2015 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

1/ If Y is the owner of the package why can't you connect as Y to alter the package?
2/ Why some one other that Y can alter the package?
3/ What "super user of the application" means? If it is a super user for application data why would he be able to alter the application code/structure?
Only the owner of the application (or a DBA) should be able to alter the application objects.

In the end, why someone would just compile a package? Oracle does it automatically when needed.

Re: CREATE ANY PACKAGE alternative [message #637249 is a reply to message #637229] Wed, 13 May 2015 08:09 Go to previous message
mnitu
Your requirement remembers me this article on Oracle Magazine concerning some similar demand. See if the suggested solution can work in your case
Previous Topic: Temporary table space error
Next Topic: Transpose/Pivot with all combination
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:01:03 CDT 2024