Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Has Oracle certified RHEL 7.1 Version to install Oracle 11g R2 ? (RHEL 7.1)
Has Oracle certified RHEL 7.1 Version to install Oracle 11g R2 ? [message #636719] Thu, 30 April 2015 13:37 Go to next message
Mike.
Hi Everyone,

Today I was asked to install Oracle 11g R2 Database on a server with RHEL 7.1 installed on it. I am having doubt over this that whether Oracle has certified RHEL 7 to be used on Production Database Server. Although I have done enough googling but was unable to find satisfactory answer. Some blogs and forums say that it is certified on RHEL 6 but are silent on RHEL 7. Therefore a satisfactory answer is anticipated from the community users. Moreover answers quoted or verified from metalink or oracle support along with the screenshots would help in an authentic manner.
Re: Has Oracle certified RHEL 7.1 Version to install Oracle 11g R2 ? [message #636721 is a reply to message #636719] Thu, 30 April 2015 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

You have to go to MOS/Metalink to get the certification matrix.

Quote:
Moreover answers quoted or verified from metalink or oracle support along with the screenshots would help in an authentic manner.

It would be a contract violation and illegal to post such materials, so no one will do it here.

[Updated on: Thu, 30 April 2015 14:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Has Oracle certified RHEL 7.1 Version to install Oracle 11g R2 ? [message #636722 is a reply to message #636721] Thu, 30 April 2015 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike.
Hi Michel,

I understand that posting such materials would be violation of contract. Our oracle support account is deactivated due to some problem and we have urgency over this issue. If I would have access to it then I would have not asked this question. At least someone with access to it can confirm this.
Re: Has Oracle certified RHEL 7.1 Version to install Oracle 11g R2 ? [message #636734 is a reply to message #636722] Fri, 01 May 2015 02:17 Go to previous message
John Watson
You can work out the answer to your question if you consider Oracle's lifetime support policy,
http://www.oracle.com/us/support/library/lifetime-support-technology-069183.pdf
If the operating system version was released during the period that your 11.x was still in the Premier Support period, then it will have been certified.

However, you need to watch your legal status. If you do not have a support contract, you will have access only to the publicly downloadable versions, for example, 11.2.0.1. That went out of Premier Support a long time ago. And of course you cannot use even that legally unless you have bought it.
Previous Topic: Default Undo vs Default Temp tablesapces
Next Topic: Unable to extend temporary tablespace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:14:11 CDT 2024