Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » CREATE ALERT
CREATE ALERT [message #635867] Fri, 10 April 2015 05:10 Go to next message
Nasir.azeem
Hi Every One,

I have no idea that how to create an alert on oracle form. any one tell me how can i do? i going first time do this work.
Re: CREATE ALERT [message #635869 is a reply to message #635867] Fri, 10 April 2015 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Open Forms Help and search for "Working with Alert Messages". Everything is described in there.
Re: CREATE ALERT [message #635907 is a reply to message #635867] Sat, 11 April 2015 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jgjeetu

open this link Smile

[Updated on: Sat, 11 April 2015 03:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: CREATE ALERT [message #636084 is a reply to message #635867] Thu, 16 April 2015 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ORA2015
In Forms Builder Object Navigator, you will see Alerts. Highlight it and to the left click on the green cross which will craete an alert. Double click on the Alert and define it in the Property Palette. In your triggers, you can then call the alert to launch when required.
Re: CREATE ALERT [message #636087 is a reply to message #636084] Thu, 16 April 2015 08:36 Go to previous message
CraigB
I have found the most efficient method for using Alerts is the create a generic Alert object for each Alert type (Note, Caution, and Stop) with a single OK button. Then use the appropriate Built-ins set the properties of the Alert you need for the message you are displaying rather than create an Alert for each message you want displayed in an Alert.

For example, if I need to an informational message I would set the Title and the Text of the Alert and then display the alert.
DECLARE
  Alert_ID        ALERT;
  n_alert_button  NUMBER;
BEGIN
  Alert_ID := Find_Alert('NOTE');
  Set_Alert_Property(Alert_ID, TITLE, 'Title of the Information here.');
  Set_Alert_Property(Alert_ID,ALERT_MESSAGE_TEXT, 'Enter date in format: MM/DD/YYYY');
  n_alert_button := Show_Alert(Alert_ID);
END;

Using generic Alerts, it is a good idea to create a wrapper package that you would call instead of the Alert related built-ins so you can simplify your display of messages as well as reset your Alert back to it's defaults after the Alert is displayed. If you decide to use a wrapper package, I recommend you add a 4th Alert type of "STATUS" which will display your message in the standard status bar. This way, your developers have a single method they call for displaying messages.

I've used this type of messaging package for years and it makes things a lot easier once the package has been created. Just my thoughts on Alerts. Smile

Craig...
Previous Topic: form not displaying
Next Topic: REPORT NOT RUNNING AS SHOULD WHEN HANGING THROUGH A FORM
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:59:34 CDT 2024