Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Getting client info viz. IP-Address, Host Name in Oracle 10g via middle tier (oracle database 10g ,oracle application server 10g,oracle developer suit 10g)
Getting client info viz. IP-Address, Host Name in Oracle 10g via middle tier [message #635672] Mon, 06 April 2015 05:44 Go to next message
x-oracle
Dear friends,

I'm looking for a solution to trace the client's IP-Address, Host Name using Oracle 10g services. The problem is they connect through the Middle Tier and we have only one Oracle user for the Application. From v$session, I get the service name of the middle tier as the osuser.

Also would like to know which form/report is being executed by that client
Re: Getting client info viz. IP-Address, Host Name in Oracle 10g via middle tier [message #635676 is a reply to message #635672] Mon, 06 April 2015 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

The middle tier has to tell the database who is connected.
DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO package is made for this.

[Updated on: Mon, 06 April 2015 07:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Getting client info viz. IP-Address, Host Name in Oracle 10g via middle tier [message #635687 is a reply to message #635676] Mon, 06 April 2015 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CraigB
Since you posted your question in the Oracle Forms forum, I can only assume that your users connect to the Middle Tier through an Oracle FOrms application. If this is true, you can use the WebUtil library to obtain the information you need from each client user when they log in. We do this in our application and log the client IP, OS User Name, etc., during the "Logon" process. If you don't use WebUtil for other activities in your Forms app, then you will need to configure your OAS 10g to enable WebUtil. Once done, you can use the WebUtil_Clientinfo package to get the needed information so it can be written to a table.

Craig...
Re: Getting client info viz. IP-Address, Host Name in Oracle 10g via middle tier [message #635701 is a reply to message #635687] Tue, 07 April 2015 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
x-oracle
yes we have oracle 10g database and midel tier its oracle 10g application server.. our client connect to first application server first.and from application server only one user connected to oracle database.so i want to check all my client ip address and machine name.and which form he is using right now.so its possible using
DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO or using this WebUtil library configuration to our developer suit
Re: Getting client info viz. IP-Address, Host Name in Oracle 10g via middle tier [message #635702 is a reply to message #635701] Tue, 07 April 2015 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Yes.

Re: Getting client info viz. IP-Address, Host Name in Oracle 10g via middle tier [message #635722 is a reply to message #635702] Tue, 07 April 2015 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CraigB
Either option should work for you. I think it would be a simple matter of which one is the easiest to implement. I've use the WebUtil method, but looking at the DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO it looks like it would be easier to implement in your On-Logon trigger. You will have to call the SYS_CONTEXT('USERENV','IP_ADDRESS') function to get the client IP and set it using DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO.Set_Client_Info. For example:
BEGIN
   DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO.Set_Client_Info(SYS_CONTEXT('USERENV','IP_ADDRESS'));
END;

Craig...
Re: Getting client info viz. IP-Address, Host Name in Oracle 10g via middle tier [message #636148 is a reply to message #635722] Sat, 18 April 2015 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
swamy6040
may be this link use full to you boss check it once http://forms.pjc.bean.over-blog.com/article-15985856.html
Re: Getting client info viz. IP-Address, Host Name in Oracle 10g via middle tier [message #636304 is a reply to message #636148] Tue, 21 April 2015 01:32 Go to previous message
x-oracle
thanks for your reply swamy. where i want to put this jar file.on developer suit and using this jar file how can i know which user working on which form, module.
Previous Topic: Character set conversion
Next Topic: oracle form not connected with 11g database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 13:02:17 CDT 2024