Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » form help
form help [message #635251] Wed, 25 March 2015 09:52 Go to next message
swetaranjan
Can any one suggest a logic for the below scenario
When user clicks on the checkboxes all the checkboxes should be checked except one . For the last unchecked one ,it will display a error when the user tries to check it.
I have taken count from the table and if the count is 1 it will show the message . also i have used this when checkbox change trigger. But when the user tried to uncheck the checked one same error comes . I dont want the error to come , when the user unchecks the checked one. Please suggest
Re: form help [message #635269 is a reply to message #635251] Wed, 25 March 2015 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
One option is to loop through all block records and count number of checked checkboxes. It can't be equal to total number of records.
Re: form help [message #635306 is a reply to message #635251] Thu, 26 March 2015 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CraigB
swetaranjan wrote on Wed, 25 March 2015 08:52
...I have taken count from the table and if the count is 1 it will show the message . also i have used this when checkbox change trigger. But when the user tried to uncheck the checked one same error comes . I dont want the error to come , when the user unchecks the checked one. Please suggest

This sounds like a logic error in your When-Checkbox-Changed trigger. Can you post your code? You likely just need to check the value of the Checkbox being changed before executing your code that reports the error.

Craig...
Re: form help [message #635332 is a reply to message #635306] Fri, 27 March 2015 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
swetaranjan
Hi
Thanks for the response. I am using the below code in the trigger 'when checkbox changed'Its working bt when i am trying uncheck the checked one its showing the same mesg again.

BEGIN

select count(1) into v_count from Table_1 t1 where id = :block.item

AND t1.ship_to_status <> 'DELETED'
AND (t1.checkbox <> 'Y' or t1.checkbox <> is null);

IF v_count = 1 THEN

fnd_message.set_string('one checkbox should be there');
:block.checkbox := 'N';
fnd_message.error;
--RAISE FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE;
else
Commit;
END;
Re: form help [message #635333 is a reply to message #635269] Fri, 27 March 2015 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
swetaranjan
Hi

Thanks for the response .
Can you please give a sample code for refference. I havnt used loop before.

Re: form help [message #635353 is a reply to message #635332] Fri, 27 March 2015 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
swetaranjan wrote on Fri, 27 March 2015 02:57

AND (t1.checkbox <> 'Y' or t1.checkbox <> is null);

That is invalid syntax so there is no way this could be your code.
Re: form help [message #635355 is a reply to message #635333] Fri, 27 March 2015 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CraigB
Committing each checkbox's value to the database is not a good idea; it creates too much network traffic and can make your form slow. Things like; is a checkbox checked, how many checkboxes are checked, etc., are all calculations that can occur in your form without a trip to the database. Also, try to avoid looping through a data block to determine a condition. This too will cause your form to appear slow. A better approach would be to use a calculated field in your data block and summarize the CHECKBOX item. This gives you a quick way of checking to see if any checkboxes are checked without having to loop through your block or have to make a trip to the database. In order to use a calculated field, you have to set the block property Query All Records = YES and then add a non-table item to your block. You can call this item anything you want, but I recommend something that suggests its purpose; for example: SUM_CHECKBOXES. Once you have the SUM_CHECKBOXES item added to your block, set the following properties:
1. Data Type = Number
2. Calculation Mode = Summary
3. Summary Function = Sum
4. Summarized Block = <Your Block Name here>
5. Summarized Item = <Name of your Checkbox Item here>
6. Number of Items Displayed = 1 (only if you are going to show this item on your canvas).
- - I recommend you display the item during testing just so you can see how the value changes as you check and uncheck checkboxes.
7. Database Item = No

Quote:
When user clicks on the checkboxes all the checkboxes should be checked except one . For the last unchecked one ,it will display a error when the user tries to check it.

Based on your requirement, you will need to add two additional Non-Table non-displayed items to your data block. The first is the REC_NUM and the second is a second Calculated Item that summarizes the number of records (REC_NUM) in your block so you can perform a comparison against the number of records in your When-Checkbox-Checked (WCC) trigger. First, add the REC_NUM non-table item to your block with these properties:
1. Data Type = Number
2. Database Item = No
3. Visible = No (Show it during development just so you can see how it gets changed)

Now add your second Calculated Item called SUM_RECS with these properties:
1. Data Type = Number
2. Calculation Mode = Summary
3. Summary Function = Sum
4. Summarized Block = <Your Block Name here>
5. Summarized Item = REC_NUM
6. Number of Items Displayed = 1 (Assuming your item is in a multi-record block, you don't want more than one showing)
7. Database Item = No
8. Visible = No (Show it during development just so you can see how it changes).

Now add the following triggers:
1. When-Create-Record
:YOUR_BLOCK.rec_num := 1;

2. Post-Query
IF (:YOUR_BLOCK.REC_NUM IS NULL) THEN 
  :YOUR_BLOCK.REC_NUM := 1;
END IF;

3. Finally alter your When-Checkbox-Checked trigger
IF ( Checkbox_Checked('YOUR_BLOCK.YOUR_CHECKBOX_ITEM') ) THEN
   IF ( :YOUR_BLOCK.SUM_CHECKBOXES = :YOUR_BLOCK.SUM_RECS ) THEN 
      :YOUR_BLOCK.YOUR_CHECKBOX := 0;  -- This ensures the checkbox is unchecked after you display your message.
      Clear_Message();
      FND_Message.SET_STRING('You can't Check all items!');
      FND_Message.Error;
   END IF;
END IF;

This method requires you to change the value of your Checkbox from a CHAR and values Y/N to Number and value 1/0. I also recommend you set the Check Box Mapping of Other Values to "Not Allowed" and your Value when Checked = 1 and Value when Unchecked = 0.

Now, when your user tries to click the last checkbox they will immediately see your message, 'one checkbox should be there'.

Hope this helps.
Craig...
Re: form help [message #635365 is a reply to message #635355] Fri, 27 March 2015 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Now THAT is a wonderful walkthrough!
Re: form help [message #635439 is a reply to message #635355] Mon, 30 March 2015 05:54 Go to previous message
swetaranjan
Thanks a lot. This was really helpful Smile
Previous Topic: Error control
Next Topic: execute a software
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:58:29 CDT 2024