Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » webutil_file_transfer (FORMS 10G)
webutil_file_transfer [message #634911] Tue, 17 March 2015 22:29 Go to next message
xpact83
Hi guys,

I'm transferring an excel file from client to application server using webutil_file_transfer. My problem is, after copying the file to the application server the file in the client's side becomes locked and can't be updated, is there a solution to this?

The lock is released when I close the browser.

Regards,

Edward
Re: webutil_file_transfer [message #635015 is a reply to message #634911] Thu, 19 March 2015 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xpact83
This is the code that transfer files to Application Server after issuing this command the file in the client's side becomes locked until I close the browser.

webutil_file_transfer.Client_to_AS_WITH_PROGRESS
                                     (clientFile         =>  :file_path_upload || :file_name_upload
                                       ,serverFile       =>  server_path ||  :file_name_upload
                                       ,progressTitle    => 'Uploading file to application server'
                                       ,progressSubTitle => 'Please wait'
                                       );	 
Re: webutil_file_transfer [message #635052 is a reply to message #635015] Thu, 19 March 2015 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CraigB
Not sure why WebUtil is not releasing the lock on the file, but the documentation recommends you call the WebUtil_File_Transfer.In_Progress() function before attempting another transfer to ensure the previous transfer is complete. Try calling this function to see if it will force the release of the file.

The only other thing I can think of is that the WebUtil_File_Transfer package uses Java to perform the transfer so you could check the Java Console to see if there are any Java Exceptions being thrown that are causing the Java to keep a lock on the file instead of releasing the file. You might also check to see if there are any reported bugs with Java File Transfer methods in the version of Java you are using.

Craig...
Re: webutil_file_transfer [message #635091 is a reply to message #635052] Fri, 20 March 2015 02:26 Go to previous message
xpact83
Hi Craig , the file is successfully transferred from client to AS but again the problem is the file on the client side is you won't be able to delete or edit it.

And I'm not doing anything to the original file since my program's process is, I just copy the file from client to AS then I will open the copied file (in AS) using text_io. So the program is not doing anything in the file from the client side except from copying it, yet it becomes locked.

I have searched similar questions in forums but I haven't found the correct answer yet.

http://oracle.developer-works.com/article/4952773/webutil_file_transfer.client_to_db+leaves+file+locked

[EDITED by LF: removed unnecessary quote of the whole previous message]

[Updated on: Fri, 20 March 2015 02:56] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: RAISE FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE NOT WORKING
Next Topic: Windows username and password
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:48:31 CDT 2024