Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Wait class snapshot wise using dba_hist_system_event (Aix )
Wait class snapshot wise using dba_hist_system_event [message #632551] Tue, 03 February 2015 01:40 Go to next message
saurabhshukladba
Hi folks
I need a script which can provide me total_waits_fg for wait_class snapdhot wise. We would need to join dba_hist_system_event and
dba_hist_snapshot views. I tried but not getting desired output.

Cheers
Saurabh
Re: Wait class snapshot wise using dba_hist_system_event [message #632555 is a reply to message #632551] Tue, 03 February 2015 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lalit Kumar B
Welcome to the forum!

Please read and follow the OraFAQ Forum Guide and How to use [code] tags, to enable us to help you.

saurabhshukladba wrote on Tue, 03 February 2015 13:10
I tried but not getting desired output.

And we don't know what you tried and what output you expect, since you haven't posted.
Re: Wait class snapshot wise using dba_hist_system_event [message #632560 is a reply to message #632551] Tue, 03 February 2015 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

What is your problem exactly? How to join the 2 views?
You have to join them on the 3 first columns:
SNAP_ID
DBID
INSTANCE_NUMBER

Re: Wait class snapshot wise using dba_hist_system_event [message #632592 is a reply to message #632551] Tue, 03 February 2015 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saurabhshukladba
Hi

I want the results as below :

SNAP_ID BEGIN_TIME Instance_number User_io User_io_avg Others Other_Avg Commit Commit_avg Concurrency Concurrency_avg Administrative Administrative_avg Cluster Cluster_avg Configuration Configuration_avg Network Network_avg Scheduler Scheduler_avg

Where,

tmfg = end_snapshot.time_waited_micro_fg - begin_snapshot.time_waited_micro_fg

wtfg = end_snapshot.total_waits_fg - begin_snapshot.total_waits_fg

(wait_class) column will have value of (tmfg)

(wait_class)_avg column will have value of (tmfg/wtfg)

Kindly let me know if anything else is required.

Cheers
Saurabh
Re: Wait class snapshot wise using dba_hist_system_event [message #632593 is a reply to message #632592] Tue, 03 February 2015 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Quote:

Maybe you answer my questions.

Re: Wait class snapshot wise using dba_hist_system_event [message #632594 is a reply to message #632592] Tue, 03 February 2015 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
we speak SQL.
Do you speak SQL? If so, please show us & use SQL

Please read and follow the forum guidelines, to enable us to help you:

http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/ and read http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/174502/
Re: Wait class snapshot wise using dba_hist_system_event [message #632596 is a reply to message #632594] Tue, 03 February 2015 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saurabhshukladba
Output should be as below:

SNAP_ID BEGIN_TIME Instance_number User_io User_io_avg Others Other_Avg Commit Commit_avg Concurrency Concurrency_avg Administrative Administrative_avg Cluster Cluster_avg Configuration Configuration_avg Network Network_avg Scheduler Scheduler_avg

Where,

tmfg = end_snapshot.time_waited_micro_fg - begin_snapshot.time_waited_micro_fg

wtfg = end_snapshot.total_waits_fg - begin_snapshot.total_waits_fg

(wait_class) column will have value of (tmfg)

(wait_class)_avg column will have value of (tmfg/wtfg)

wait_class = user_io, commit etc

Please advise on this.

Cheers,
Saurabh
Re: Wait class snapshot wise using dba_hist_system_event [message #632602 is a reply to message #632596] Tue, 03 February 2015 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Michel Cadot wrote on Tue, 03 February 2015 14:56

Quote:

Maybe you answer my questions.

Re: Wait class snapshot wise using dba_hist_system_event [message #632606 is a reply to message #632602] Tue, 03 February 2015 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saurabhshukladba
Quote:

What is your problem exactly?

I have time in my script, I need to incorporate snap_id in the output. Output is not formatted.

Quote:

How to join the 2 views?

Script is very complex to analyze and it is not easy for me to amend further. I am joining on snap_id, dbid & instance_number.

Sorry I am a novice to use this forum hence committing mistakes.
Re: Wait class snapshot wise using dba_hist_system_event [message #632608 is a reply to message #632606] Tue, 03 February 2015 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Post the query you use/have and we will help you to go further.

Re: Wait class snapshot wise using dba_hist_system_event [message #632609 is a reply to message #632596] Tue, 03 February 2015 09:08 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
saurabhshukladba wrote on Tue, 03 February 2015 06:15
Output should be as below:

Saurabh

>We would need to join dba_hist_system_event and dba_hist_snapshot views.
Some, many, most of columns stated at top of this post do NOT exist in either view above?
From where do they originate?

Please explain, elaborate & show us exactly how to compute any "average" value when only BEGIN_TIME exists.
How do you or we decide which is appropriate or desired END_TIME should be?

[Updated on: Tue, 03 February 2015 09:09]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: GET EXACT STRING MATCH
Next Topic: I want find how many hour,minutes,seconds is taken from task_stared and task_end.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:15:58 CDT 2024