Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Property Classes (Oracle Form 11g) (Oracle 11g)
Property Classes (Oracle Form 11g) [message #632242] Wed, 28 January 2015 01:34 Go to next message
Nasir.azeem
Hi Experts.

Any one tell me how can i create property classes on oracle form 11g. and use to some items through subclass information. i am going first time to do this work. So kindly give me detail information.

Regard

Nasir Azeem.
Re: Property Classes (Oracle Form 11g) [message #632251 is a reply to message #632242] Wed, 28 January 2015 05:34 Go to previous message
jgjeetu

@nasir bro , i can guide you how to use property class in oracle forms, the procedure is same for oracle forms 11g, 6i and 10g.

The purpose behind using property pallete is suppose there are several items on layout editor and you want to set similiar kind of properties of font,color,size for particular items then instead of changing them again and again for every item you can create property class once and use them again n again as per you need.

Below are the steps to create and use property class in oracle forms :-
1. Create a new form
2. go to object navigator (F3)
3. select property classes from list
4. create new property class using + button
5. new property class has been created --> select and GO TO PROPERTY PALLETE (F4)
6. Change the name to "FONTCOLOR" or as per your need.
7. in 10g you will see + button (place cursor on it it should display 'add property').
press it. IN 6i you will see hierarchal tree icon(place cursor on it it should display 'add property') , Press it.
8. Now select property to add . (do it one by one)
for ex:- i chose font name and background color property.
9. now you will se that font and background color property has been added to property pallete.
10. click on background color (look at the end there is button which has few dots click it)
11. pick any color from the box. (i chose green)
12. do this step for font also (i chose arial).
13. now go to layout editor. (F2)
14. create 2 text item --> select 1 of it --> press F4 (for property pallete)
15. select subclass information property --> select property class --> select property class name (the property you recetly created i.e FONTCOLOR). -->ok -->Close property pallete.
16. compile form (ctrl_shift+k) and run it(ctrl+R)
17. now enter the text in both text items and spot the difference.

hope above mentioned steps will help you Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 28 January 2015 06:58]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Error With Execute Immediate in Oracle Forms 10g
Next Topic: [FORMS10g] : Get Windows:My Documents Folder path?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:39:04 CDT 2024