Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » [FORMS10g] : Get Windows:My Documents Folder path? (Oracle Forms10g)
[FORMS10g] : Get Windows:My Documents Folder path? [message #631868] Wed, 21 January 2015 03:12 Go to next message
rainesnowdrop
Hi All,

I would like to ask how to get the Windows:My Documents Folder path in Oracle Forms without opening a File_Save_Dialog or popup Dialog box command?

Thanks in advance.

宜しくお願いします、
Lara
Re: [FORMS10g] : Get Windows:My Documents Folder path? [message #632239 is a reply to message #631868] Wed, 28 January 2015 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jgjeetu

my documents path is C:\USERS\COMPUTER-NAME\FOLDER-NAME

you can get computer name through properties of "My Computer".

If you already know the path then use it as initial value property of item.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 January 2015 03:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [FORMS10g] : Get Windows:My Documents Folder path? [message #632271 is a reply to message #632239] Wed, 28 January 2015 09:31 Go to previous message
CraigB
What is your Forms version? If you are using Forms 9i or higher, you can use WebUtil to get the User's Home directory [ webutil_clientinfo.get_system_property('user.home') ]. You can then add the "My Documents" to the Home Directory to get the full directory path. For example:
/* Sample Code - Untested */
DECLARE
  v_my_doc_dir  VARCHAR2(250);
BEGIN
  v_my_doc_dir := webutil_clientinfo.get_system_property('user.home')||'\My Documents';
END;

You will need to ensure you have WebUtil configured on your application server for this to work. If you are testing your form by running it from the Forms Builder, then you will need to configure your local runtime for WebUtil as well.

If you are using Forms 6i or earlier, I don't recall if there is a way to get this information from the GET_APPLICATION_PROPERTY() built-in...

Craig...
Previous Topic: Property Classes (Oracle Form 11g)
Next Topic: How to delete , rename file in app server linux with oracle form 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 15:26:36 CDT 2024