Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » java version Issue to run Oracle Application from Browser
java version Issue to run Oracle Application from Browser [message #631305] Mon, 12 January 2015 09:36 Go to next message
irfankundi786@yahoo.com
when i access oracle application...it gives the java out dated error and when i click on the update version it download the java version 8 which have also some issue.I am asking which version i download to run the oracle application.My OS is Win 7 64bit.
?
Re: java version Issue to run Oracle Application from Browser [message #631308 is a reply to message #631305] Mon, 12 January 2015 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
"having some issue" is an unusual error. Could you be a more precise? For example, is it that you need to add the server to the exception site list?
Re: java version Issue to run Oracle Application from Browser [message #631314 is a reply to message #631308] Mon, 12 January 2015 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
irfankundi786@yahoo.com
i want the version of java in which the oracle application can run in win 7 64 bit without any problem...
Re: java version Issue to run Oracle Application from Browser [message #631321 is a reply to message #631314] Mon, 12 January 2015 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
You would have to speak to the app server people and ask them what the formsweb.cfg file states it should be.
What browser are you using?
The first time you went to the form, it would have popped up a bunch of security questions and you should have answered to ignore the request to update and clicked on the choice to not ask again (or something like that).
I think chrome will always pop up the message, but IE will accept your answer.
Also, what version of app server?
Re: java version Issue to run Oracle Application from Browser [message #631334 is a reply to message #631321] Mon, 12 January 2015 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CraigB
Well, first of all, we need to know your Forms version! Which version of Java to use is dictated by your Forms Version because not all Java versions are certified for use, depending on your Forms version.

Craig...
Re: java version Issue to run Oracle Application from Browser [message #631345 is a reply to message #631334] Mon, 12 January 2015 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
irfankundi786@yahoo.com
Forms [32 Bit] Version 10.1.2.0.2 is my form Version and i am using Form Developer suit as application server. and I am using Chrome but i can also use mozila or IE.
Re: java version Issue to run Oracle Application from Browser [message #631346 is a reply to message #631345] Mon, 12 January 2015 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
irfankundi786@yahoo.com
i have installed the form in exp and want to access it in other system which win 7
Re: java version Issue to run Oracle Application from Browser [message #631397 is a reply to message #631346] Tue, 13 January 2015 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
irfankundi786@yahoo.com wrote on Mon, 12 January 2015 21:01
i have installed the form in exp and want to access it in other system which win 7

Please use correct spelling and grammar as i have no idea what this means.
Re: java version Issue to run Oracle Application from Browser [message #631535 is a reply to message #631345] Wed, 14 January 2015 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CraigB
irfankundi786@yahoo.com wrote on Mon, 12 January 2015 18:55
Forms [32 Bit] Version 10.1.2.0.2 is my form Version and i am using Form Developer suit as application server. and I am using Chrome but i can also use mozila or IE.

So you are using Oracle Developer Suite (ODS) 10g Release 2 with no patches. This version is not compatible with Java 7 or 8. You will need to user Java 6. Additionally, this version is not certified by Oracle for use on Windows 7 64-bit...this doesn't mean it won't work, however.
Quote:
i want the version of java in which the oracle application can run in win 7 64 bit without any problem...

As I recall, Java 1.60_45 was the last version of Java certified by Oracle to work with ODS 10g.

Quote:
when i access oracle application...it gives the java out dated error and when i click on the update version it download the java version 8 which have also some issue.I am asking which version i download to run the oracle application.My OS is Win 7 64bit.
?

Have you updated the formsweb.cfg to tell Forms which Java to use? As I recall, ODS 10g R2 defaults to use the Oracle Jinititator - which is completely incompatible with Windows 7. To use Java 1.6, you have to modify the formsweb.cfg to change the default java and to specify which version to use. Have you done this?

Craig...
Re: java version Issue to run Oracle Application from Browser [message #631572 is a reply to message #631535] Thu, 15 January 2015 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
irfankundi786@yahoo.com
Formweb.config Entry....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Page displayed to users to allow them to download Sun's Java Plugin.
# Sun's Java Plugin is typically used for non-Windows clients.
# (NOTE: you should check this page and possibly change the settings)
#jpi_download_page=http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/1.4.2_06/index.html
jpi_download_page=http://ALLIED:8889/forms/java/jre-6u43-windows-i586.exe#Version=1,6,0,43

# Parameter related to the version of the Java Plugin
#jpi_classid=clsid:CAFEEFAC-0014-0002-0006-ABCDEFFEDCBA
jpi_classid=clsid:CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0043-ABCDEFFEDCBA

#jpi_codebase=http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/autodl/jinstall-1_4_2-windows-i586.cab#Version=1,4,2,06
jpi_codebase=http://ALLIED:8889/forms/java/jinstall-6u43-windows-i586.cab#Version=1,6,0,43

#jpi_mimetype=application/x-java-applet;jpi-version=1.4.2_06
jpi_mimetype=application/x-java-applet
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is formweb.config detail which is installed on win xp and for xp the java version jdk-6u45-windows-i586 working well with no problem but i also want to access the application in other system which is the win 7 64 bit for which browser message me that yours java version is outdate.?

Re: java version Issue to run Oracle Application from Browser [message #631584 is a reply to message #631572] Thu, 15 January 2015 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CraigB
If I understand you correctly, you have the ODS 10g r2 installed on one workstation and the form runs fine on this workstation. Now you want to run this for on a separate workstation using the runtime (OC4J) on the first workstation...is this right? If so, you can't do this. You will need to setup and configure an Application Server using the Oracle Application Server (OAS) 10g and the Oracle Developer Suite (ODS) 10g. This is the only Oracle approved way to publish your Oracle Forms application to the web.

Craig...
Re: java version Issue to run Oracle Application from Browser [message #631586 is a reply to message #631584] Thu, 15 January 2015 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
irfankundi786@yahoo.com
yes CraigB. all thing u mentioned is correct but one thing that i am doing for not the production but only for the testing the client_ole2 of webutil to open the word file at the client.
Now please clear that can i do this for the testing purpose using oc4j or not?
Re: java version Issue to run Oracle Application from Browser [message #631618 is a reply to message #631586] Fri, 16 January 2015 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CraigB
irfankundi786@yahoo.com wrote on Thu, 15 January 2015 09:21
yes CraigB. all thing u mentioned is correct but one thing that i am doing for not the production but only for the testing the client_ole2 of webutil to open the word file at the client.

This doesn't make sense to me. So, I'm going to break down your statement and try to address each part.

Quote:
all thing u mentioned is correct...

So, you are attempting to access your Form running in the OC4J container on one computer workstation from a different computer workstation. Is this correct? If yes, you CAN'T do this. The OC4J container is not a full application server. It is just enough to allow you to run a form from the Forms Builder - no more.

Quote:
but one thing that i am doing for not the production but only for the testing the client_ole2 of webutil to open the word file at the client.

Why can't you test WebUtil on the workstation you are developing your Form on? It will work the same (for all intents and purposes) as if your form was running on the application server.

Quote:

This answer is both yes and no.

Yes, you can test your Form using OC4J, but only if you are running the form from the Forms Builder (eg: Click on the Run Form icon in the toolbar or Click the Program Menu and Select "Run Form")

No, you can't use OC4J to run a form on one Client workstation from another Client workstation. For this test, you have to run your form from an Application Server. Don't you have a "Testing" application server environment where you can run and test your forms before they go into your production environment?

Craig...
Re: java version Issue to run Oracle Application from Browser [message #631619 is a reply to message #631618] Fri, 16 January 2015 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
irfankundi786@yahoo.com
Thanks for your Reply....now can u tell about the version of java which is suitable for the win 7 to run the form beause i past the Formweb.config file entry please guide me?
and i am trying install the form in win xp which in wmware machine and my host is win 7 . form xp i am trying to run in win 7
Re: java version Issue to run Oracle Application from Browser [message #631661 is a reply to message #631619] Fri, 16 January 2015 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
According to your formsweb.cfg, 1.6.43 is the version of java you need, but i am confused as to whether that is your app server formsweb.cfg or your local one. Your explanations don't make too much sense to me.
Re: java version Issue to run Oracle Application from Browser [message #631682 is a reply to message #631661] Sat, 17 January 2015 01:33 Go to previous message
irfankundi786@yahoo.com
let me explain joy....
i have make the form builder as app server and which is installed on vmware win xp and host is win 7...now on exp the java 1.6.43 is installed and worked but i want to acccess the application from win 7 which give the outdated java error...now i want to install the java version correct on for the win 7 to access the application run form win 7.....
are you gotted my problem...please let me know if any expailantion needed..
Previous Topic: Parse string delimited by new line
Next Topic: jacob file Isseu in Webutil
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 20:09:27 CDT 2024