Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to use Marquee tag of HTML in Oracle forms (Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.5.0 - Prod)
How to use Marquee tag of HTML in Oracle forms [message #630977] Wed, 07 January 2015 05:20 Go to next message
Mayur Shinde
Hi,
How can we use "Marquee" tag in Oracle Forms.
Re: How to use Marquee tag of HTML in Oracle forms [message #630983 is a reply to message #630977] Wed, 07 January 2015 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jgjeetu

You can't , but you can use when_timer_expired trigger to change the position of text/item at some interval of time.
Re: How to use Marquee tag of HTML in Oracle forms [message #631000 is a reply to message #630983] Wed, 07 January 2015 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CraigB
Depending on your Forms version you can use a Java Bean to add a Scrolling Marguee to a form. You must be using Web Forms as Java Beans are not supported in Client/Server forms.

A timer will work but it creates too much network traffic between the client and the application server (if you're using Web Forms).

Craig...
Re: How to use Marquee tag of HTML in Oracle forms [message #631023 is a reply to message #631000] Thu, 08 January 2015 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jgjeetu

@craig , i have no idea about using java beans in oracle , could you please guide me how to use java beans in oracle and is it necessary to have knowledge of java language for the purpose of using java beans in oracle.
Re: How to use Marquee tag of HTML in Oracle forms [message #631025 is a reply to message #631023] Thu, 08 January 2015 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
How to ...
Re: How to use Marquee tag of HTML in Oracle forms [message #631061 is a reply to message #631025] Thu, 08 January 2015 09:05 Go to previous message
CraigB
Look at the link Littlefoot provided. The first article tells you how to use the Java Bean (JB). You do not need any Java knowledge at all to use the JB, but you do need to update your Forms configuration (default.env and formsweb.cfg) in order to implement the JB in your form.

Basically, you need to alter the CLASSPATH in the default.env to include the full path to the JB so the Forms Runtime can find the JB. An optional step is to add the full path to the JB to the Windows Registry Oracle Forms FORMS_BUILDER_CLASSPATH. I list this as an optional step, however, if you don't complete this step the Forms Builder will report an error that it can't find the JB during Form design. You can ignore this error because it will not effect the runtime. Adding the path to the FORM_BUILDER_CLASSPATH simply eliminates the error message in Forms Builder.

Next, you need to add the JB name to the archive parameter in the formsweb.cfg. Anytime you implement a JB in a Form, the JB name must be included in the ARCHIVE parameter (if you are using the Sun/Oracle JRE) or the ARCHIVE_JINI (I think that is the name) parameter if you are using the Oracle Jinitiator. I'm not positive of the JInitiator parameter name because I haven't used Forms 10g for a couple of years and don't have it installed.

You also need to make sure you are using a compatible version of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) for the JB you are using.

There are numerous articles on the Internet for how implement a JB in a form and the necessary setup so if you run into problems - Google (or your favorite search engine) is your best friend. Smile

Craig...
Previous Topic: How to filter/display particular file using text parameter while Browsing In D2K6i
Next Topic: frm-18108 failed to load the following objects.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:27:01 CDT 2024