Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Developer crashed
Developer crashed [message #629633] Fri, 12 December 2014 12:36 Go to next message
Adeel Qadir
On windows 8.1 i have Standard database 10g r2 and database 10g express edition

When i login using Standard database SID, form builder 6i successfully logged in and working fine.

but when i try to connect using XE SID form builder crashed and show this error.

http://i58.tinypic.com/281re5v.jpg

please help why Form builder crashed on XE SID ??
Re: Developer crashed [message #629646 is a reply to message #629633] Sat, 13 December 2014 12:02 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
That's kind of expected ... you are (trying to) run a long desupported Forms 6i on an operating system (Windows 8). That combination was never certified and you'll need a lot of luck to make Forms running smoothly (if it is possible at all). I don't know what options you should set (maybe compatibility mode for Forms - if it exists on Windows 8, try to set it to "XP") or parameters to modify.

I, for example, use much newer Forms 10g and my host operating system is Windows 7. I don't use Forms on it; I installed VirtualBox, put Windows XP onto it, installed Developer Suite 10g and run a combination of Oracle software + operating system that is/was certified. Even then, Forms run 99.9% of time well, but Reports tend to crash several times a day. That is horrible! However, as my company dictates what I have to use, I don't have a choice until we upgrade.

So, once again: [VirtualBox + Windows XP + Forms 6i] might be your savior.

[Updated on: Sat, 13 December 2014 12:02]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: about browser validation
Next Topic: Unable to sort on a non database column
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:30:02 CDT 2024