Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Layout Inside RDF Is Driving Me Crazy! (Report Builder 10.1.2.0.2, Windows 7)
icon9.gif  Layout Inside RDF Is Driving Me Crazy! [message #628926] Mon, 01 December 2014 00:45 Go to next message
pazplus
Dear All,

I have been trying to develop a Pre-Printed report for an E-Business Suite module. I have decided to design the layout inside Report Builder and have the layout as PDF since it's much easier to control than MS Word. However, I am facing a huge problem which doesn't even make sense. The layout works fine sometimes and gives the proper PDF output. For some reason, however, when I try to move one object (with keyboard arrows), the PDF output gets messed up. It goes ahead, ignoring the layout I developed, and shows all the fields of the report!

Can anyone rescue me please? Sad

[Updated on: Mon, 01 December 2014 00:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Layout Inside RDF Is Driving Me Crazy! [message #628927 is a reply to message #628926] Mon, 01 December 2014 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Don't move objects while previewing the report - sometimes it screws everything up. Go to Layout Editor and modify fields in there (don't forget to switch FLEX off if necessary!).

"It goes ahead ..." part is something I've never seen before - as if you ran the report wizard which removed previous layout and substituted it with the default (ugly, with all fields) one. No idea.
Re: Layout Inside RDF Is Driving Me Crazy! [message #628928 is a reply to message #628927] Mon, 01 December 2014 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pazplus
Hey man, thanks for responding.

Littlefoot wrote on Mon, 01 December 2014 10:29
Don't move objects while previewing the report - sometimes it screws everything up. Go to Layout Editor and modify fields in there (don't forget to switch FLEX off if necessary!).

I never did! I didn't even preview it.
All my work was done in Layout Editor.

Littlefoot wrote on Mon, 01 December 2014 10:29
"It goes ahead ..." part is something I've never seen before - as if you ran the report wizard which removed previous layout and substituted it with the default (ugly, with all fields) one. No idea.

Exactly! Confused
Re: Layout Inside RDF Is Driving Me Crazy! [message #628929 is a reply to message #628928] Mon, 01 December 2014 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As far as I can tell, confine on/of & flex on/off can affect objects to move in unwanted manner, but - as I said - I've never seen anything like what you described. Did you check My Oracle Support? Maybe you hit a know bug (and there's a patch which resolves it).
Re: Layout Inside RDF Is Driving Me Crazy! [message #629004 is a reply to message #628929] Tue, 02 December 2014 02:12 Go to previous message
pazplus
Littlefoot wrote on Mon, 01 December 2014 11:02
As far as I can tell, confine on/of & flex on/off can affect objects to move in unwanted manner, but - as I said - I've never seen anything like what you described. Did you check My Oracle Support? Maybe you hit a know bug (and there's a patch which resolves it).

Unfortunately, my Oracle account needs verification and my company's is not working!

Anyways, thank you very much my friend for replying.

If I find any solution I will post it here.
Previous Topic: QR Code
Next Topic: White page issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:24:04 CDT 2024