Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Webutil - Problem with files having an 4 characters file extension
Webutil - Problem with files having an 4 characters file extension [message #626250] Thu, 23 October 2014 09:27 Go to next message
ciprisandru
Messages: 4
Registered: October 2014
Location: Canada
Junior Member
Hi,

In Forms via Webutil, I have a problem with files having an 4 characters file extension (docx, xlsx, etc).
Can anybody have an idee what can I check ?
There is a limitation for Webutil in this case ?

Regards,
Ciprian
Re: Webutil - Problem with files having an 4 characters file extension [message #626253 is a reply to message #626250] Thu, 23 October 2014 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
Messages: 4803
Registered: February 2005
Location: East Coast USA
Senior Member
What does "have a problem" mean?
What version of Forms?
What version of Webutil?
What version of app server?
Re: Webutil - Problem with files having an 4 characters file extension [message #626316 is a reply to message #626253] Fri, 24 October 2014 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ciprisandru
Messages: 4
Registered: October 2014
Location: Canada
Junior Member
I saved my files into DB.
When I try to open my files with 4 characters extension using web.show_document, I've and ZIP extension for my files.

I use the following:

Forms : 10.1.2
Webutil: 1.0.6
app server: 10g

Re: Webutil - Problem with files having an 4 characters file extension [message #626317 is a reply to message #626316] Fri, 24 October 2014 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
Messages: 4803
Registered: February 2005
Location: East Coast USA
Senior Member
ciprisandru wrote on Fri, 24 October 2014 15:48

When I try to open my files with 4 characters extension using web.show_document, I've and ZIP extension for my files.


I just do not understand that sentence.
Re: Webutil - Problem with files having an 4 characters file extension [message #626429 is a reply to message #626317] Mon, 27 October 2014 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ciprisandru
Messages: 4
Registered: October 2014
Location: Canada
Junior Member
The new Office 2007 file extensions (docx,potx,xlsx,etc) turning into ZIP files when they are uploaded to a web server and then downloaded.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/ie/en-us/60bfefea-f509-4fe1-ae87-3e975107190b/ie8-opens-docx-files-as-if-they-are-zip-files

The new Office 2007 file formats are now using an Open XML file format system. Essentially they are ZIP files that are full of XML files that when opened with a proper application turn into a friendly word document.

I was uploading Office 2007 files (docx) and when my colleges went to download them they would save as .zip files. We are using Internet Explorer 8 and it is not possible to change this version.



Re: Webutil - Problem with files having an 4 characters file extension [message #626667 is a reply to message #626429] Thu, 30 October 2014 07:23 Go to previous message
ciprisandru
Messages: 4
Registered: October 2014
Location: Canada
Junior Member
I find the solution for my problem:
I added the MIME Types in the web server (Oracle Http Server).
It seems that IE didn't recognize the OpenXML format for my files.

docx application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document
xlsx application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet
pptx application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.presentation

Regards,
Ciprian
Previous Topic: check all checkboxes i.e non data databse item after execute query
Next Topic: inactive sessions
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Dec 16 16:52:11 CST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01112 seconds