Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Find and replace contents in MS-Word using Oracle Forms 6i (Oracle Forms 6i)
Find and replace contents in MS-Word using Oracle Forms 6i [message #620293] Thu, 31 July 2014 01:05 Go to next message
mani_rbs
Hi All,

I would like to know how do I find a text pattern and replace with another one in MS-Word document using Oracle Forms 6i?

For ex; In a word document template, I would be having dynamic tags for Name, phone numbers, address etc., would be extracting these details from oracle db. and would replace the same to create a letter.

Regards,
Manikandan V
Re: Find and replace contents in MS-Word using Oracle Forms 6i [message #620324 is a reply to message #620293] Thu, 31 July 2014 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
That sounds like MS Word's Mail Merge feature, so I'd rather use that instead of Forms. As of information stored in an Oracle database: either prepare them (as a CSV file) or use ODBC to connect Word with your Oracle database.
Re: Find and replace contents in MS-Word using Oracle Forms 6i [message #620328 is a reply to message #620324] Thu, 31 July 2014 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mani_rbs
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Mail Merge is not an option permitted, as the option had to be carried out in an application which uses oracle forms 6i. Within the application , I would fetch key field and values from oracle database and store it in one of the global/parameter variable and when a user would need to print a letter, these variables and values would be used to replace the same in the template
Re: Find and replace contents in MS-Word using Oracle Forms 6i [message #620335 is a reply to message #620328] Thu, 31 July 2014 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Why don't you create a report, then? Reports, as an Oracle tool, successfully creates letters. True, not in MS Word format, but - if you are satisfied with a PDF - go for it.

The truth is: I don't know how to do what you are asking. Someone else will have to assist with that. Sorry.
Re: Find and replace contents in MS-Word using Oracle Forms 6i [message #620409 is a reply to message #620335] Fri, 01 August 2014 01:28 Go to previous message
aresc
With Reports, you are also able to create rtf-Files for opening with MS-Word.
Previous Topic: Forms not getting loaded
Next Topic: How to query a block based on a procedure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:57:41 CDT 2024