Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Search form Creating Locks (Oracle 10g Forms,Oracle 10g Database)
Search form Creating Locks [message #619839] Fri, 25 July 2014 08:29 Go to next message
jolly_makkar
Dear Friends

I created Search form for Customers
Search_Block(Non-Database block) contains search options

Customers block where result gets populated (Database Block -Master block)

Customer Detail Block(Database Block -Detail block)

When Users Search results ,the moment data gets populated in Master-Detail blocks.In Toad,it starts showing exclusive lock.

Other Transactions for users are hanging.

I traced Session ,it showed me statement . Quote:
Select col1,col2 ......FOR UPDATE NOWAIT.

How can i avoid FOR UPDATE ? As i just want to retrieve data for selection ,without any update

For Searching i am using Quote:
SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY('CUSTOMER_BLOCK',DEFAULT_WHERE,where condition)

Regards
Aman

Re: Search form Creating Locks [message #619843 is a reply to message #619839] Fri, 25 July 2014 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
How does data get populated? By the default behavior forms action which is the query the block, or are you overriding the default behavior and using INSERT to populate your form?
Re: Search form Creating Locks [message #619854 is a reply to message #619843] Fri, 25 July 2014 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jolly_makkar
I am changing the CUSTOMER_BLOCK with DEFAULT_WHERE like one of the Search criteria

If :Search_Block.Name is NOT NULL THEN
Set_Block_Property(CUSTOMER_BLOCK,DEFAULT_WHERE ,--where clause string--)
Go_Block (CUSTOMER_BLOCK);
Execute_Query;

It populates the result but locks the Customer Table for other Users .

Then Execute_Query
Re: Search form Creating Locks [message #620031 is a reply to message #619839] Mon, 28 July 2014 02:09 Go to previous message
azamkhan
Create an index on the Details block for Fks. I hope you unnecessary blocking of records will be resolved.
Previous Topic: System_Editor
Next Topic: data blocks based on the same database table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:34:12 CDT 2024