Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » How do you rename User name and switch user to a new tablespace? (11g 11.2.0.1 , windows server 2008r2 standard)
How do you rename User name and switch user to a new tablespace? [message #617830] Thu, 03 July 2014 16:22 Go to next message
JP10
I have a user name DBO_FWK_UNITTEST and it's default tablespace is assigned to USERS tablespace with USERS.DBF file name. This was created when I did a migration from SQL DB to Oracle DB. I want to now change the username to FWK_UNITTEST and have it's own tablespace and datafile? Can this be done if so how? Appreciate the help.
Re: How do you rename User name and switch user to a new tablespace? [message #617833 is a reply to message #617830] Thu, 03 July 2014 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
JP10 wrote on Thu, 03 July 2014 14:22
I have a user name DBO_FWK_UNITTEST and it's default tablespace is assigned to USERS tablespace with USERS.DBF file name. This was created when I did a migration from SQL DB to Oracle DB. I want to now change the username to FWK_UNITTEST and have it's own tablespace and datafile? Can this be done if so how? Appreciate the help.

Yes, it can be done.
You can also poke yourself in the eye with a sharp pencil.
Not everything that can be done, should be done

there is NO direct relationship between USER & TABLESPACE & "ownership" is not a concept that applies to tablespaces.

You can NOT rename schema/user inside Oracle DB.
So you need to CREATE USER FWK_UNITTEST

You could then export schema DBO_FWK_UNITTEST & import into FWK_UNITTEST; but I see NO benefit to do so.

Never confuse movement with progress.
Going around in circles is movement; but most folks would not consider it to be progress.
I fail to understand what would be gained my doing what you want to do.
What difference does it make with regard the schema name?
Re: How do you rename User name and switch user to a new tablespace? [message #617835 is a reply to message #617833] Thu, 03 July 2014 17:27 Go to previous message
JP10
Thanks BlackSwan I just realized the data pump utility will meet my needs.
Previous Topic: rebuild index
Next Topic: View to check user connections
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 00:05:13 CDT 2024