Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » change back ground of mdi form (forms 10g)
change back ground of mdi form [message #616445] Tue, 17 June 2014 01:54 Go to next message
xpact83
Hi everyone i'm trying to change the background of mdi form I used background=filename.gif in formsweb.cfg but I cant see the image I need to refresh the browser to see the background image. Is there a way to see the image without refreshing the browser?

thanks

Re: change back ground of mdi form [message #616459 is a reply to message #616445] Tue, 17 June 2014 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Does it mean that you modify the background in the middle of the day, and want the application to use its artificial intelligence and refresh itself in order to display a new background (instead of you doing it manually)? If that's so, I don't know the answer - never did that. However, here are some ideas which will show you how to automatically reload a web page (as Forms 10g applications *are* deployed on the web).

Though, as far as I can tell (tried it right now), refreshing the Forms application's web page terminates the application and brings you back to the login form. I'm not sure that this is what you really want.

Finally, as my web-experience is close to nothing, perhaps you'd rather wait for someone else's opinion.
Re: change back ground of mdi form [message #616527 is a reply to message #616459] Tue, 17 June 2014 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xpact83

What I just want is to change the default background picture of forms 10g's MDI default background so i tried to do it in the formweb.cfg using background=filename.jpg but what happened is the background picture doesn't appear I need to refresh (of course it will restart the page) the page to make the selected picture becomes the mdi background picture.

My question is.
Is refreshing the webpage the only way to make my background picture as MDI's background?
If no then what settings or configuration do I need to add in formsweb.cfg

Thanks

Re: change back ground of mdi form [message #616535 is a reply to message #616527] Wed, 18 June 2014 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't know.

Why is it important that the new background is visible as soon as you change it in FORMSWEB.CFG? How often do you do that? What's wrong if users see it when they log on to the application next time?
Re: change back ground of mdi form [message #616537 is a reply to message #616535] Wed, 18 June 2014 01:44 Go to previous message
xpact83
I just want it once and I will not do it programmatically or at runtime. the user wants the back ground picture customize.
Previous Topic: How to deploy Oracle Forms and Report 10g in Web
Next Topic: Oracle forms quey performance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 05:41:26 CDT 2024