Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » when-validate-item not firing when click on field to edit (forms 11g)
when-validate-item not firing when click on field to edit [message #615136] Fri, 30 May 2014 09:43 Go to next message
todd_mi
I have a when-validate-item trigger on a form item in the middle of the form. If I enter the form and use the tab or enter keys to move down the form, get to the field with the trigger, make a change, tab/enter off this field, the trigger fires as expected. If I enter the form and click on the field with the trigger, make a change, tab/enter off this field, the trigger does NOT fire. Is this expected/known behavior? I guess I would expect that the trigger would fire whenever the field value is changed.

To keep it simple (for testing), my when-validate-item trigger only has a popup message:
message('in trigger');
message('in trigger');

Thanks for any help uncovering this mystery.

Todd
Re: when-validate-item not firing when click on field to edit [message #615159 is a reply to message #615136] Fri, 30 May 2014 14:03 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't use Forms 11g (still on 10g), but I'd expect it to behave the same way you do. Reading your description, I'd say that it doesn't work as it should.

Recently, we've had a discussion about the opposite situation - WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger fires although it should not.

Could you, by any chance, run the form in debug mode and see which triggers fire and when? Maybe you'll get the idea (because, I don't, sorry).

Strange piece of software, that Forms 11g ...
Previous Topic: Calling client_host from Menu
Next Topic: How to run URL www.google.com in OLE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 01:56:27 CDT 2024