Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Data block query (Oracle forms 6i)
Data block query [message #614250] Mon, 19 May 2014 23:02 Go to next message
nilanjanpal
I have a data block and I have checked in the properties page of the data block, the query source name is a view. So by that I am able to determine that it is querying a view but in the where clause there is nothing mentioned.

I also checked in the forms, if the where clause in the forms is being set dynamically using set_block_property, that also is not happening. Is there any other way by which the where clause can be built or any other place where it can be mentioned.

Also I would like to mention that there are database items under that block, so if there are no where clause will it automatically filter the data after querying the view based on the value available in the database items under the block.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Re: Data block query [message #614252 is a reply to message #614250] Tue, 20 May 2014 00:08 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As far as I can tell:

Quote:

Is there any other way by which the where clause can be built or any other place where it can be mentioned

Not exactly the WHERE clause, but close enough: PRE-QUERY trigger could contain something like
:emp.deptno := 10;
This trigger fires before querying data, sets block's DEPTNO item to 10, and returns only those employees that work in department number 10. It works as if you entered query mode, manually put 10 into the DEPTNO item, executed query.

The answer to your second question would be "Yes" (keep in mind PRE-QUERY trigger I mentioned above).
Previous Topic: Check box
Next Topic: I want to update my second block Using first (Base) block in oracle Forms 10 g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 00:32:13 CDT 2024