Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » HSODBC.EXE, unable to find corresponding oracle session
HSODBC.EXE, unable to find corresponding oracle session [message #613190] Wed, 30 April 2014 11:53 Go to next message
praveenramaswamy
Dear Experts

On my windows server i see a service hsodbc.exe (PID=960) running for a very long time taking up the CPU. However when i query the V$SESSION & V$PROCESS, i dont see the process ID and the corresponding Oracle session.

Can you please suggest how can i find who is the oracle user using the hsodbc.exe service.
Re: HSODBC.EXE, unable to find corresponding oracle session [message #613192 is a reply to message #613190] Wed, 30 April 2014 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>On my windows server i see a service hsodbc.exe (PID=960)
exactly what do you to to "see" it?

>Can you please suggest how can i find who is the oracle user using the hsodbc.exe service.
why must it be an Oracle user?
Re: HSODBC.EXE, unable to find corresponding oracle session [message #613195 is a reply to message #613192] Wed, 30 April 2014 12:15 Go to previous message
praveenramaswamy
BlackSwan wrote on Wed, 30 April 2014 12:00
>On my windows server i see a service hsodbc.exe (PID=960)
exactly what do you to to "see" it?

-- On the windows task manager i see this server and its CPU utilization is over 60%

>Can you please suggest how can i find who is the oracle user using the hsodbc.exe service.
why must it be an Oracle user?

-- I just assume that it could be because of an oracle user, as hsodbc.exe is used for DB link and i do have dblink in my database. Also i can see that it is used by tnslsnr.exe
Previous Topic: how to set FROM DATE with time in sql query
Next Topic: Impact of Using Same Alias Twice in Huge SQL Statement
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:26:44 CDT 2024