Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Registry Problem (Oracle Developer, Forms 6i, Windows 8)
Registry Problem [message #612426] Fri, 18 April 2014 05:37
azamkhan
Hi,

I am using Windows 8. And want to install Oracle Forms 6i.

I had used Oracle Developer Forms6i on Windows Xp. After installation of Developer 6i (Forms and Reports), it creates few folders and entries in the registry. E.g. in registry, in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE" it creates a folder "ORACLE" when you click on folder "ORACLE" then in the right pan it shows you the entries which are created due to Oracle Developer 6i installation. E.g. "FORMS60", "FORMS60_PATH".

And those of you who are familiar with Oracle Developer Forms6i Registry entries knows that these entries are useful for some important information like FORMS60_PATH can tell the home path of Oracle Forms.

I installed Oracle Developer Forms6i on Windows 8. The installation is done perfectly and Forms Builder & Report builder are perfectly working, save, generating and running files properly. My problem starts when I checked the registry for the entries. I was surprised that the registry has no Oracle folders and entries in the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE".

Can any one please help me out in this.

Is there any problem in installation? However I have done it twice.

Should the necessary entries be created manually?

[Updated on: Fri, 18 April 2014 05:43]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: 11g Forms Not Running
Next Topic: How to create analog clock in Forms 10g?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:33:29 CDT 2024