Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » 10g Installation Developer Suit & Application Server Configuration (Win 7)
10g Installation Developer Suit & Application Server Configuration [message #612415] Fri, 18 April 2014 00:27 Go to next message
Arslan
Dear All,

I am using oracle 6i and want to migrate on 10g so please will you give me an easy way to migrate.

Thanks & Regards,
Arslan Karamat
Re: 10g Installation Developer Suit & Application Server Configuration [message #612418 is a reply to message #612415] Fri, 18 April 2014 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I've never did that, but I remember David discussed it many times. Here are some search results (keywords: migration 6i 10g / forum: Forms / member: djmartin). Review them and, eventually, broaden the search.

Here's an excerpt of one of his messages:
djmartin

Basically, just remember to ALWAYS do a Ctrl-Shft-K to compile then Ctrl-T to generate. Do the PLLs first (no cyclic routines calls permitted). Then the OLBs, MMBs, and then the FMBs. Open the forms one at a time, in the order in which they are typically called by your system, fix the errors as they are displayed. If you convert them in order, you can start testing from the first screen.

Note that 6i is the last client-server version. It means that - when you are done - you'll have to deploy your application to web. Here is a document that might help: Oracle Application Server Forms Services - Deployment Guide 10g (9.0.4)

If your application is small, David had also said that you might not need an application server (which is - as far as I can tell from reading discussions here - difficult to install and configure) and use a database server instead. How exactly? I wouldn't know (but you might find out if you search long enough).

Anyway: good luck!

P.S. Forgot to mention: I'm afraid that there's no easy way to do that.
Re: 10g Installation Developer Suit & Application Server Configuration [message #612419 is a reply to message #612418] Fri, 18 April 2014 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arslan
Thanks for Your Reply

I am reading all the above post by you and document links provided by you in another posts.
It may be very time consuming and also not understandable. Because the Information provided is too short.

Thanks & Regards
Arslan Karamat
Re: 10g Installation Developer Suit & Application Server Configuration [message #612458 is a reply to message #612419] Sat, 19 April 2014 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arslan
Dear All,

Can any body help me.............

Thanks & Regards
Arslan Karamat
Re: 10g Installation Developer Suit & Application Server Configuration [message #612464 is a reply to message #612458] Sat, 19 April 2014 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As I have already said (as well as nobody else replied, yet), this process is NOT easy. So yes, you are right - it is very time consuming and difficult to understand. If you can't do that yourself, consider hiring a consultant.
Re: 10g Installation Developer Suit & Application Server Configuration [message #612467 is a reply to message #612464] Sat, 19 April 2014 02:12 Go to previous message
Arslan
Thanks for Your Reply

Actually I want to Configure it myself not from any consultant. Otherwise thanks for your help. I tried these & Inform on the forum.

Thanks & Regards
Arslan Karamat
Previous Topic: How to create analog clock in Forms 10g?
Next Topic: Not able to enable the field if once disabled
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 01:17:57 CDT 2024