Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » There was an error during loading library : areasQueries
There was an error during loading library : areasQueries [message #53996] Wed, 23 October 2002 05:20 Go to next message
kris
Hi,

I was installing Oracle Server on Windows 2000 professional when I ran into this problem. It used to go upto 52% and then display this error:

"There was an error during loading library : areasQueries" followed by two radio buttons:
one is 'Stop installation of all products'
and another is 'Stop installation of this component only'.

There is no error number displayed.

The oracle installation just vanishes if you stop installation. This is happening even after physically removing the directories created by Oracle and also after removing the key 'ORACLE' from the registry.

What can be done to solve this?

Thanks
Kris
Re: There was an error during loading library : areasQueries [message #54004 is a reply to message #53996] Wed, 23 October 2002 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
1. are u logged as administrator?
2. i had a case, where there is already some other
oracle products installed as some other user..
after goofing around, i did make an install by
using OUI- oracle universal installer that is
already installed. and used the CD as the source.
3. you may try the same too!.
4. Pls look into the install.log for specific erros
Re: There was an error during loading library : areasQueries [message #56119 is a reply to message #53996] Thu, 06 March 2003 21:42 Go to previous message
pawel goldas
try this.
If you used Oracle before on your system, then you must edit the Oracle Inventory File, usually located in:
/var/opt/oracle/oraInst.loc

inventory_loc=/opt/oracle/product/oraInventory
Previous Topic: How to reduce SYSTEM tablespace???
Next Topic: Re directing the connection request from client
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:50:43 CDT 2024