Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » host command in database trigger (database)
host command in database trigger [message #611143] Fri, 28 March 2014 06:58 Go to next message
mehboob110233

Dear all,
i want to run Host('C:\Program Files (x86)\SMSCaster\smscaster.exe')
from database trigger
when record insert but when i create a trigger message show host must be declare
i used this command on form it work fine but
how i can run this on database trigger.

please help me for that...
Re: host command in database trigger [message #611149 is a reply to message #611143] Fri, 28 March 2014 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
with Forms 6i Forms itself runs on the client while database trigeer runs on the DB Server,
does smscaster.exe reside on DB Server?

Please read and follow the forum guidelines, to enable us to help you:

http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/ and please read http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/174502/102589/
Re: host command in database trigger [message #611170 is a reply to message #611149] Fri, 28 March 2014 14:15 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
HOST is Forms built-in, database doesn't know anything about it.

Read this OTN forums discussion: Is it possible to send sms through data base?. Here are a few quotes (as links tend to break occasionally):

BillyVerreynne

Simple answer. No.

Complex answer. A MTA (Mail Transfer Agent) is needed that supports integration with bulk SMS services by a cellular network provider. Something that needs to be purchased and integrated.

There are no magics and potions that can turn a SMTP conversation (mail client talking to mail server via SMTP) into a SMS.

BluShadow

Our Lotus Notes system (don't ask it's nothing to do with me!) is set up for our email and also to send out SMS'.
For our database applications to send out SMS' we just send an email using UTL_MAIL (or you can use UTL_SMTP) to the mail server (on Lotus Notes) which then sends it via SMS.
As Billy says, it depends on your own setup, but in general, no the database itself cannot send SMS messages, but it's possible to do it via other 3rd party products.

AlbertoFaenza

If it is not clear I can add something more as I'm a bit experienced in telecom.
Oracle does not provide a way to send SMS because an SMS has to be sent (eventually) by a mobile phone operator which can be reached via an SMS gateway or a GSM device.
To answer also at another question you put in a another post, SMSs are not free, they are not email and mobile phone operators charge for sending them.

You can find some few sites which allow to send few SMSs per day for free but in general to send a large quantity of SMS you have to pay for them.
Previous Topic: running forms on web browser
Next Topic: How to Generate Report in Excel from Oracle 10g forms on client machin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:32:40 CDT 2024