Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Passing DATA_PARAMETER in Oracle Reports 10g from Oracle Forms using RUN_REPORT_OBJECT
Passing DATA_PARAMETER in Oracle Reports 10g from Oracle Forms using RUN_REPORT_OBJECT [message #609562] Mon, 10 March 2014 01:08 Go to next message
babar82
Hi all,
I I am trying to pass a record group as DATA_PARAMETER to report through RUN_REPORT_OBJECT but report failed to execute with the following message.

"Unable to Run Report".
Argument 1 to built-in RUN_REPORT_OBJECT cannot be null.

Please suggest a solution.

Thanks in advance.
Babar

Re: Passing DATA_PARAMETER in Oracle Reports 10g from Oracle Forms using RUN_REPORT_OBJECT [message #611724 is a reply to message #609562] Tue, 08 April 2014 00:56 Go to previous message
sankalputtara
Reports 6i we had an feature of passing DATA_PARAMETER - A VARCHAR2 string specifying the name of a record group defined in the current form When Form Builder passes a data parameter to Report Builder, the data in the specified record group can substitute for a query that Report Builder would ordinarily execute to run the report or display.

Since this feature is not available in Oracle Reports 10g (Passing data_parameter) we need to take an alternative approach and the best, efficient way to achieve this would be by making use of a temporary(Staging) table instead of record groups.
Build query based on these tables instead of record groups in report.
Previous Topic: How to clear field on on-error trigger in oracle forms.
Next Topic: how can I find out only changed records
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:53:33 CDT 2024