Home » Other » Client Tools » Convertion of text from german to english
Convertion of text from german to english [message #608589] Fri, 21 February 2014 03:54 Go to next message
sankalputtara
Hi All,

I am looking for a pluggin or a tool that will convert the pl/sql code (Multi line and one line Comments) written in german to english. I am not sure if there is plugin available for sql developer which will automatically do so.

Example:
/**
Ermitteln Briefanrede (inkl Titel- und Kundenbezeichnung)
==========================================================================
Funktion zur Ermittlung der Briefanrede inklusive Titel- und
Kundenbezeichnung (max Char 35)
P_KdLnr =>
P_SpracheCd =>
return =>
*/
function F_GetBriefanrede (P_KdLnr in number,
P_SpracheCd KD_STAMM.SPRACHE_CD%type)
return varchar2 is
Line1||chr(10)||L_Address_Line2),1,160);
exception
when others then
SRQUTIL0.Mess( 'KDQUTIL0', 'GetBriefanrede', 'GLERR', -9800, 'Keine gültige Briefanrede gefunden für KD_LNR= '||P_KdLNr, 'FE', SRQUTIL0.V_LastLogLnr, '', SRQUTIL0.V_LastMsgStr);
L_Return := '1010';
return(L_Return);
end F_GetBriefanrede

SHOULD BE CONVERTED AS:
/**
Determine form of address (including title and client name)
Function to determine the form of address including the title and
Customer name (max 35 char)
P_KdLnr =>
P_SpracheCd =>
return =>
*/
function F_GetBriefanrede (P_KdLnr in number,
P_SpracheCd KD_STAMM.SPRACHE_CD%type)
return varchar2 is

L_Address_Line1 varchar2(80);
exception
when others then
SRQUTIL0.Mess( 'KDQUTIL0', 'GetBriefanrede', 'GLERR', -9800, 'Keine gültige Briefanrede gefunden für KD_LNR= '||P_KdLNr, 'FE', SRQUTIL0.V_LastLogLnr, '', SRQUTIL0.V_LastMsgStr);
L_Return := '1010';
return(L_Return);
end F_GetBriefanrede;

I have tried google translate and unfortunately it adds/removes few semi-colon, commas etc.

Please let me know if there is pluggin available for sql developer or toad which will help me convert the german text to english.
Re: Convertion of text from german to english [message #608603 is a reply to message #608589] Fri, 21 February 2014 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gazzag
I don't know of an Oracle utility, but would Google Translate help?

HTH
-g
Re: Convertion of text from german to english [message #608605 is a reply to message #608603] Fri, 21 February 2014 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sankalputtara
Hi,

As i mentioned google translate is adding few unnecessary characters and its a tedious to copy paste the code everytime into google translate.
Re: Convertion of text from german to english [message #608644 is a reply to message #608605] Fri, 21 February 2014 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

A PL/SQL procedure to do the translation has been posted here, please search it.

What does mean "google translate is adding few unnecessary characters"?
Please post an example.

Re: Convertion of text from german to english [message #608800 is a reply to message #608644] Mon, 24 February 2014 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sankalputtara
Hi Michel,

A pl/sql procedure for translation that are posted are not to translate the entire package or procedure (which are part of the existing application).

An eg:
http://s28.postimg.org/5jkyo9dq1/sample_GT_issues.jpg
Re: Convertion of text from german to english [message #608801 is a reply to message #608800] Tue, 25 February 2014 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

You want to translate your literals? How is this an Oracle question?

Re: Convertion of text from german to english [message #608802 is a reply to message #608801] Tue, 25 February 2014 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sankalputtara
My client is based from Germany. The existing pl/sql code is written with a german flavor(Variables, Messages, COMMENTS).
So when i am trying to analyse the code (I know that nothing can be done with respect to the variables and package names) it would be very helpful if i am able to convert the comments to English language. As mentioned earlier if i copy paste the entire code into Google Translate then it replaces few characters.

Basically i am looking for a tool or plugin for Toad or sqldeveloper using which i can convert the comments written in german to english (Inside the worksheet itself).
Re: Convertion of text from german to english [message #608805 is a reply to message #608802] Tue, 25 February 2014 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

As far as I know there is no built-in for this.
I bet you want this for free but I also bet if someone wrote this it is not free. Smile
You could write one and post it. Wink

Re: Convertion of text from german to english [message #608808 is a reply to message #608805] Tue, 25 February 2014 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sankalputtara
Ha ha. Yes Michel i am looking for a FREE plugin Smile
But if such a tool is available then i can buy it and ask for my manager to pay for it Wink
Thanks for your response.
Re: Convertion of text from german to english [message #608883 is a reply to message #608808] Wed, 26 February 2014 04:20 Go to previous message
ThomasG
I think the problem is not so much the "tool" itself, but the "translation engine". Google Translate can be called with a REST API, so implementing a client is not that difficult. There are implementations in PL/SQL and PERL for example.

But they only work if you have an API key for Google Translate, which you have to pay for.
Previous Topic: tables are not getting displayed under schema in sqldeveloper
Next Topic: Replacing &amp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:00:28 CDT 2024