Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Calling Trigger
Calling Trigger [message #608554] Fri, 21 February 2014 01:02 Go to next message
randriana
Hi everybody,
I'd like to ask if it is possible to call "WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED" trigger or other in another trigger on a form 10g, i mean for example:
in a WHEN-MOUSE-CLICK trigger on a block is it possible to do any code like "call when-button_pressed" like in a VB code.
Re: Calling Trigger [message #608561 is a reply to message #608554] Fri, 21 February 2014 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Yes, but not the way you put it.

The simplest way is to put code that now resides in WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger into a (form) procedure and then call that procedure from a WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger or any other trigger you find appropriate.

Otherwise, you'd have to create a trigger having your own name - its name can't have a minus "-" sign - you'd have to use underscore "_" instead as "minus" is reserved for Oracle. So, you could name it RANDIANA_TRIGGER and then call it with EXECUTE_TRIGGER built-in (read more about it in Forms Online Help under the "User-Named Trigger" section).

Although you can call built-in triggers as well, this is not recommended. Therefore, my opinion is that the first option I suggested (a procedure) is a better one.

[Updated on: Fri, 21 February 2014 01:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Calling Trigger [message #608582 is a reply to message #608561] Fri, 21 February 2014 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
randriana
ok thanks! that's help me better. if you have the link of online help please post me!
Re: Calling Trigger [message #608583 is a reply to message #608582] Fri, 21 February 2014 03:16 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
There's no "link" - start Forms Developer, select "Help" in its menu, start reading.
Previous Topic: insert/update the values into the database tables automatically
Next Topic: foms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:23:03 CDT 2024